How much to pay?

PDA

Gunnerboy
December 1, 2012, 06:56 PM
So im selling my 308 custom built mauser and would like to know a price range that is reasonable. Its a k98 action with a featherweight barrel with a match grade chamber and muzzle break, it has a fajen synthetic stock and a leupold scope in a redfield base mount. Just a plain old bluing nothing fancy, so any price suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "How much to pay?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
stan rose
December 1, 2012, 10:34 PM
Pictures of the rifle with up close shots of fit and finish, along with the barrel manufacturers name would help with value. Sporterized Mausers are great but they rarely bring the sum of the parts and labor.

chaser_2332
December 2, 2012, 12:10 AM
the smith that built the rifle is what will determine most of the value, however like the second poster stated being a sporterized 98 you might be better off keeping it.

TurtlePhish
December 2, 2012, 01:20 AM
Remember, custom built means custom built for you.

What you put in to the rifle isn't necessarily what a potential buyer will see it being.

If I were you, I'd hang on to it. It sounds like a nice rifle.

If you enjoyed reading about "How much to pay?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!