Cataract surgery results

PDA

351 WINCHESTER
December 2, 2012, 08:17 PM
Well I had my left eye done 10/23 for distance (same lens as my left eye done 2 years ago). I know have 20/20 for distance in both eyes (thank you Lord).

My eye Dr. told me to get =3.25 cheaters for reading. Tonight the misses and myself were shopping at Walgreens and I picked up a paid of +1 readers, held out my hand as shooting a handgun and not only could I focus well on my hand, but down the aisle was much better in focus than with my more powerful readers.

Just thought I'd share the results with everyone.

Take care and God bless.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cataract surgery results" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnB
December 2, 2012, 08:47 PM
Great. I had mine done 22 months ago and it's the best thing since peanut butter.

Doc Savage
December 2, 2012, 09:01 PM
Had mine done in March and May this year. I just use +1.5 readers for most things, but do have +2.0s for real close up. Got 20/15 in one eye and 20/25 in the other. I can focus on the handgun front sight pretty well without any glasses thankfully. Love mine so far. Go in tomorrow for my final checkup.

Robert

Pacsd
December 2, 2012, 09:08 PM
Good for you, Win. After my right eye got done during the winter I was amazed as to how white the snow is.

mr.scott
December 2, 2012, 10:58 PM
Haven't had cataracts, but had LASIK done last year and being able to see without glasses or contacts after 20 years was an amazing experience.
Glad you can see again.

marv
December 2, 2012, 11:28 PM
My left eye was done 3 wks ago. The right one was done 3 yrs ago. The eyes are even now. For 3 yrs I saw blue, yellow, black, and white with my right eye and saw shades of gray with my left. Now I see the 4 colors and variations with both eyes. Should get my new glasses soon and things will be hunkydory again.But I will still be officially color blind. Can't be helped.

Pismopal
December 3, 2012, 01:14 PM
I went to an eyeball Dr last month and told him that my vision was deteriorating since my Lazik surgery 10 or so years ago. He said that I was eligible to have cataract surgery ( medicare) and that this would preclude a Lazik tuneup or an eyeglass prescription. I am having my right eye done on the 10th (I am left eye dominant) and the left eye later. Right now I am using reading glasses that are 2.75 and I still have trouble with books in low light conditions. I want to see sharply at distances but I don't want to see so poorly up close. Any advice or encouragement appreciated...you guns guys know a lot;)

armedandsafe
December 3, 2012, 08:34 PM
When I had mine done a number of years ago, I specified the nominal focus distance for each lens. I shoot pistol left handed, so went eye to front sight of the P85 for the left eye. I shoot rifle right handed so went eye to front sight of the 03A3 for the right eye.

I wear progressive lens eyeglasses to correct my astigmatism and wear them all the time (none of this takeoff-puton-takeoff-puton-wherearemyglasses business.) I can shoot either with or without my glasses.

Pops

351 WINCHESTER
December 3, 2012, 09:05 PM
I had my l eye done for distance in 2010 and I had monovision which I really liked. I asked the dr. about having my r eye done for close up and he told me that sometimes that confuses the brain and causes problems. I went with the same lens and for close I need readers. Don't know anyway around it, but man do I ever see better.

Good luck on your surgery.

Curator
December 5, 2012, 08:18 AM
I Had the surgery and sprung for the multi-focus lens in both eyes. It cost an additional $2500 over what my insurance covered. However---I can see as good or better than when I was 20! No glasses needed for anything--close up work or distance. I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome.

SharpsDressedMan
December 5, 2012, 04:23 PM
Congrats. Glad it was beyond successful! Nothing like seeing the sights.

CD8226
December 5, 2012, 05:40 PM
Well, I presently have one on my right, dominant eye. It makes if virtually impossible to see the sights or through my scope. As a result my shooting and unfortunately my deer hunting this year have been greatly curtailed. Glad to hear all these good reports. Hope to get mine done after the first of the year. Then maybe the family will allow me to drive at night again.

JohnB
December 7, 2012, 09:01 PM
I Had the surgery and sprung for the multi-focus lens in both eyes. It cost an additional $2500 over what my insurance covered. However---I can see as good or better than when I was 20! No glasses needed for anything--close up work or distance. I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome.
Same here but the doctor in Bradenton charged me $3000 extra for the multi-focal.

I'm 62 and don't need glasses for anything.
Same for my wife. No glasses at all with the multi-focal lenses.

gunner69
December 7, 2012, 09:44 PM
Nothing to the operation, less than 6 minutes or so. I haven't seen this good since I left the military in 1982. I highly recommend it........

Twmaster
December 8, 2012, 05:33 PM
That's good news. I need to have cataract surgery on my left eye as the result of an injury 35 years ago.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cataract surgery results" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!