Unidentified Headstamp

PDA

squarepants33889
December 3, 2012, 12:05 AM
Hi guys. A co-worker asked me a question the other day that I wasnt able to answer. He's not really a "gun guy", so I am not sure how much insight he had when researching himself. His grandfather has a bag of old ammunition that has nothing more than " 6.6 " on the headstamp. I asked him if it was rimmed, and he didnt know. The next time he goes back to the farm, he is going to bring me one. For now, all I have to go on is the 6.6. Any ideas?
FWIW, my co-worker has no intention of firing these rounds. He is just interested in finding out what they might be and why his gramps may have had them. His grandfather has recently passed away and left him a 30-06 and a .303.
I suggested that they may be military surplus, but would need more to go on.
Thanks for any help guys!

If you enjoyed reading about "Unidentified Headstamp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Unidentified Headstamp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!