Black Dawg cartridges

PDA

duelist1954
December 4, 2012, 03:52 PM
I'm working with an Armi Sport 1874 Sharps rifle for a Guns of the Old West article, and yesterday I shot it with Black Dawg Goex .45-70 cartridges.

This was my first time shooting them, and I really liked them. They seem to be loaded with actual B-P. They weren't quite as accurate out of the Sharps as my B-P handloads, but they were considerably more accurate than the Ten-X ammo I was also shooting. Accuracy-wise they were about the same as Remington 405-grain soft point factory smokeless ammo. But the Black Dog was about 200 fps faster than the Remington stuff.

I didn't know what to expect when I bought it, but it seems like pretty good stuff for B-P shooters...

...thought you'd like to know

If you enjoyed reading about "Black Dawg cartridges" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kwhi43@kc.rr.com
December 4, 2012, 04:31 PM
I bought about 300 rounds from Cabela's when they were 15.00 for a box
of 50 45 Colt. I shot some in my Ruger Blackhawk and the wife's Uberti. Very
impressed!!. I called Goex to see what they were loaded with. They told me
37 grs of their "Cowboy" grade Black Powder. They sure have the recoil.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o127/prizzel/RugerBP452shots.gif

duelist1954
December 4, 2012, 04:33 PM
Sweet!

If you enjoyed reading about "Black Dawg cartridges" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!