My mystery Walther PP

PDA

ApacheCoTodd
December 4, 2012, 08:16 PM
Not being a Walther aficionado, I hope someone can point me to a Walther oriented page which might have the various markings for these pistols. I'm hoping that even with such light remaining markings - if I can see what it might be, there's a chance I can figure this pistols markings out by comparison of what is still there.

It's a 7.65 and serial number 1237** P if that give a heads-up in any way.

I doubt there's much collectibility to it so I'm thinking to work it over as a CCW alternative to the Sig 230SL when my wife pinches it from time to time.

If you enjoyed reading about "My mystery Walther PP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
December 4, 2012, 08:53 PM
Your gun was made in 1938.

So it would be very similarly marked to one of these.
http://www.tague.at/pistolen/en_index.htm?/pistolen/pages/en_waltherpp.htm

rc

ApacheCoTodd
December 4, 2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks RC. Yup, those words match my ghosty markings fairly well though the proof marks have been deliberately and almost completely removed.

Dr.Rob
December 5, 2012, 03:30 AM
More likely a reblue after getting rid of a layer of pitting.. rusted from being stored in a holster maybe.

ApacheCoTodd
December 5, 2012, 11:33 AM
I definitely se that as the course of events in its life.

Looks like it'll be a CCW after being gone through.

1938 Walther... wonder where it's been...

Jim K
December 5, 2012, 05:57 PM
Unless the serial number can be easily read, I would not carry that gun. If there is a problem, the cops will make hay about your "removing the serial number of the gun with criminal intent."

Jim

Dr.Rob
December 5, 2012, 06:53 PM
Serial # looks clear on the frame to me (if indeed the blurred out part by the user isn't polished out) it's the slide that's had the worst of it.

ApacheCoTodd
December 5, 2012, 07:11 PM
Seems like the serial number lucked out when this thing got walked into a polishing wheel. It is very clear and crisp though the photos don't show it.

If you enjoyed reading about "My mystery Walther PP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!