howa axiom

PDA

mainecoon
December 5, 2012, 12:42 AM
Saw one of these rifles today. Looked interesting, with the free floating stock and recoil reduction system. Do they shoot as good as they look? Is the scope included in the rifle package worth it, or should I go with a different scope?

If you enjoyed reading about "howa axiom" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sock Puppet
December 5, 2012, 01:31 AM
I can't speak to the Axiom because I never paid that much attention to it (I think it's awfully heavy and pretty ugly, though I suppose it's purpose-built). I have two Howa 1500 rifles and they are very accurate. The How action is widely used and well-ragarded, and you won't go wrong if that is the type of rifle you want.

adelbridge
December 5, 2012, 04:26 PM
You can buy a new Weatherby Vanguard S1 or clone Howa 1500 new for about $350 and you can buy the Blackhawk Knoxx Axiom stock for $150. I had one and the trigger wasnt the greatest but usable. Gun was about 1 MOA.

If you enjoyed reading about "howa axiom" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!