Llama 45acp disassembliy

PDA

railroadman
December 5, 2012, 09:16 AM
I need some help to reassemble a 45acp FireStorm/Llama I am removing the blue both the frame and slide. J B Wood book is a 1911 very different from the Spanish gun I have HELP??????????????????

If you enjoyed reading about "Llama 45acp disassembliy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walt Sherrill
December 5, 2012, 09:56 AM
Pictures of YOUR gun might be helpful. I could help folks identify what you're trying to work with... Llama made a lot of different guns, over the years -- but MOST of them were based on the 1911 pattern.

creeper1956
December 5, 2012, 10:20 AM
If it's a 5" Llama Firestorm, it's a copy of the 1911... however, it may not have grip screw bushings, and may not have a staked-on plunger tube, but rather a bolt-on plunger tube. Other than that, it should come apart just like a 1911.

ku4hx
December 5, 2012, 11:03 AM
My Llama 45 ACP is a structural twin to the GI 1911. I never tried to swap parts with any other 1991 platform, but it breaks down/reassembles exactly like my GI model.

There are several Llama manuals here, maybe one will supply you with the clues you need.
http://www.stevespages.com/page7b.htm

MICHAEL T
December 5, 2012, 11:48 PM
If it's a 5" Llama Firestorm, it's a copy of the 1911... however, it may not have grip screw bushings, and may not have a staked-on plunger tube, but rather a bolt-on plunger tube. Other than that, it should come apart just like a 1911.

He nailed it right Other than a couple small things Its same as a 1911 I have even swaped some parts .

If you enjoyed reading about "Llama 45acp disassembliy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!