Vortex crossfire or Sightron SI?

PDA

petrey10
December 7, 2012, 03:29 PM
I currently have a Vortex Viper on my 25-06... its a good enough scope for me and what coyotes and targets I shoot at but I see SWFA has a deal on a 3.5-10x42 or 44 scope.... just wondering which scope is the better scope?

If you enjoyed reading about "Vortex crossfire or Sightron SI?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
petrey10
December 7, 2012, 03:31 PM
sorry its a 2.5-10x44.... looks pretty nice... just wondering if its able to handle the abuse of my 25-06 recoil (granted not a punisher but more recoil than a 22 cal)

adelbridge
December 7, 2012, 03:42 PM
you arent going to notice any real difference between the two and the ammo and range time needed to sight in a new scope would negate the change. I just got a Leupold Vari-X IIC and put it up against my Diamondback and couldnt justify swapping scopes.

Walkalong
December 7, 2012, 05:28 PM
You have to test scopes side by side in tough conditions to judge them against each other. Glare, low light, etc.

Check out this scope comaprison at SWFA

http://www.opticstalk.com/topic16515.html

petrey10
December 7, 2012, 07:13 PM
Sorry i just checked and its a vortex crossfire not viper..... so it may be a mute point. Was just hoping to take advantage of the good deal on the SI

juk
December 7, 2012, 10:48 PM
A friend of mine got one of the S1 in that magnification range. It looks to be a solid scope and the glass looks good to me. I would say that it is in the Nikon Prostaff to Burris Fullfield II range. It holds zero well and has surprisingly repeatable and accurate turrets. Point of impact doesn't change with magnification.

petrey10
December 8, 2012, 11:50 AM
I think 100 bucks is a pretty good deal dont you?

If you enjoyed reading about "Vortex crossfire or Sightron SI?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!