Muzzle Brake Help

PDA

newglockguy
December 7, 2012, 04:04 PM
I want to put a muzzle break on my AR-15. I'm debating between getting a Troy Claymore or a Surefire break. Is the Surefire worth the more money than the Troy or are the comparable to each other.

If you enjoyed reading about "Muzzle Brake Help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Revoliver
December 7, 2012, 04:27 PM
I would go with a Levang Linear Compensator for just under $35 instead of the Claymore, unless you really want the aggressive look of the Claymore for instance.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/barrel-parts/compensators/levang-linear-compensator-prod5594.aspx

The Surefire is a good value if you wish to someday also use it to mount one of their suppressors (might be model dependant).

The other differences are that the Surefire muzzle brakes vent gasses out to the sides and therefore can also greatly increase muzzle blast to everyone next you if not you as well.

The Troy Claymore and Levang Linear Compensators will vent all gas forward of the muzzle and help reduce muzzle blast to those around you as well as yourself.

Kingcreek
December 7, 2012, 06:00 PM
Brake vs Break

3twelves
December 7, 2012, 06:18 PM
The claymore does nothing for recoil, but will be a lot quieter than the surefire.

stubbicatt
December 8, 2012, 08:24 AM
Between the choices OP listed, I think I would choose the Surefire.

If you enjoyed reading about "Muzzle Brake Help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!