M&P 9c Upgrades

PDA

jacob2745
December 7, 2012, 09:14 PM
I am contemplating making some changes to my edc, and was looking for some advice from some folks with first hand experience. So far all I have done is add some Talon grips. They gave the gun a completely new feel. $15 extremely well spent.

I am also looking to add some night sights. I know most people recommend Trijicon three dot sights, but I am sort of intrigued by the Truglo TFO sights. I have heard several people say that the FO sights are just not durable enough for carry use. So do any of you guys use FO sights for carry? If you do, what do you think?

I also was looking at some of the APEX parts. The trigger on mine is not great, but not horrible either. Should I stick to the old saying? "If it ain't broke don't fix it."

If you enjoyed reading about "M&P 9c Upgrades" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shuler13
December 7, 2012, 09:17 PM
I just got mine and plan on the truglo tfo and the apex RAM. The trigger isn't as bad as my full size so I won't put in the dcaek, but I'd like the reset to be tangible.

Skribs
December 7, 2012, 11:59 PM
I haven't had them long, but I like the TFOs I have on my M&P right now.

Get the APEX. Trust me. It made my trigger go from Rosie O'Donnel to Megan Fox. Specifically, the springs will adjust the pull weight, the machined sear/striker block will take away the grittiness, and the RAM will help you feel the reset better. The APEX trigger is also much better than the hinged trigger. I got all of these, and it is money very well spent in my opinion.

9mmepiphany
December 8, 2012, 02:57 AM
The more training I get in fighting with a handgun, the more I lean away from the idea that nightsights are really useful for non-LE handgun carriers...their most useful function is in locating your gun in the closet or on the nightstand. If you must have nightsights, I would highly recommend a single dot on the front blade paired with a plain black rear blade...I like the set available from 10-8 Performance.

My experience with Tru-Glo has been that they are a good idea coupled with poor execution. I have seen several sets with broken rods and poor quality bases. They may have improved their quality, but my experience has left a poor taste in my mouth.

I highly recommend the Apex Tactical action parts as their effect on the feel of the trigger is huge. The D/C AEK is a good general purpose upgrade

Madcap_Magician
December 8, 2012, 03:21 PM
I recommend either bar-dot setup for night sights like the XS standard dot, or a dot front/black rear like the 10-8, or a figure-eight like the Heinie Straight Eight.

My eyes get confused with three dot sights, since the one you are supposed to focus on is also the smallest one by perspective and matched on either side by a larger, clearer dot.

But honestly I'm not sure how necessary they are.

I like the TFOs, but I would still pair a TFO front sight with a u-notch rear black sight. Fill the gap over the fiberoptic pipe in the TFO sight with clear epoxy to keep it secure.

jacob2745
December 9, 2012, 11:11 PM
Skribs- did you install yourself or have a smith do it?

If you enjoyed reading about "M&P 9c Upgrades" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!