thinking of bead blasting my E series frame...

PDA

mapwd
December 8, 2012, 05:41 PM
I bought a used E series about a month ago and I love the gun, but I am super anal about scratches on my gun (especially those I did not do), and there are some scratches (light idiot scratch), some on the dust cover, and some on the top radius where it has the dull mat finish. I have been watching videos on youtube of people bead blasting there guns and they all seen to turn out nice. Is it really as easy as it looks? what grade media to match the factory finish? Will doing this take the black coloring of the serial numbers off?
I contacted S&W via email about the cost of returning this gun to new finish, as well as what it would cost to melonite the slide and they have never replied to me.

If you enjoyed reading about "thinking of bead blasting my E series frame..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "thinking of bead blasting my E series frame..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!