Elec. predator calls

PDA

351 WINCHESTER
December 8, 2012, 10:36 PM
I'm looking for some input about elec. predator calls (mostly for bobcat and coyote).

If you enjoyed reading about "Elec. predator calls" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
helotaxi
December 9, 2012, 11:11 AM
FoxPro is the best there is. Model depends on your budget. No one else has features that even come close.

BP Hunter
December 10, 2012, 05:50 PM
I have used Fox pro. But somehow my hand held caller seems to have better results in calling coyotes. It's also much cheaper!:D I think I have the Primos little Dawg which also comes with a small CD tutorial.

helotaxi
December 11, 2012, 03:57 PM
I've got a pretty good collection of mouth call myself because I'm too cheap to spring for an e-caller. That said I'm constantly doing research.

Sniper66
December 11, 2012, 05:39 PM
I have a Johnny Stewart and call crows and coyotes. Works well on both. Crows are easy to call; the trick is keeping them around. I am experiementing with decoys and calling. The coyote call works. My brother and I killed 2 last weekend that came straight in to the call. If I was buying a new one, I would get one with a wirelless remote. Mine has a long wire that is a bit of a nuisance to use, especially if you have to move and set up a few times. I would also get one with the calls already programed in. I have a different plug in for each set of calls...also a bit of a nuisance. It is a lot of fun though. Let us know what you get and how it works. Tom

BigN
December 12, 2012, 06:31 AM
I have an Alpha Dogg by Primos. Had great luck with it. Comes loaded with 75 different sounds for all types of hunting and also a bunch of "expert hunts." Just push the button and it does everything for you, no need to reinvent the wheel. I've had the remote out to 200 yards and had no problem with it. You can go to the Primos website and purchase additional sounds to download into the machine. Very easy to use, takes the guesswork out of everything. Loud, large speakers (3) with no distortion whatsoever. I started out using hand calls and just couldn't get them to sound right. The Alpha Dogg is pricey, around $240 or so but I'm glad I bought it. To me, an e-call just takes one more thing out of the loop, making it easier on you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Elec. predator calls" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!