Mosin Hunting Pictures, Anyone?

PDA

Joshua M. Smith
December 10, 2012, 02:49 AM
Hi Folks,

I put up a page for game taken with Mosin rifles.

It is here: http://www.smith-sights.com/mosin-hunting-pictures.php

That gent is not me, but one of my customers who wished to remain anonymous.

If you have any deer, coyote, etc you've taken with your Mosin-Nagant, please feel free to send 'em on in!

Regards,

Josh

If you enjoyed reading about "Mosin Hunting Pictures, Anyone?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MCgunner
December 10, 2012, 09:39 AM
Just search Caribou's threads...:D There's no hunter I've ever known who hunts with a mosin that can top his stories. :D Even a lyin' Texan can't make that stuff up an' he's got pix to back it up.

caribou
December 10, 2012, 10:47 PM
Cool, lemme try...

Joshua M. Smith
December 11, 2012, 06:20 PM
Caribou, would you like to send a favorite in? It would be welcome. The idea is to show folks the Mosin is still very viable.

Josh

BBQLS1
December 12, 2012, 05:22 PM
I was actually looking for some new Caribou threads. :D

Joshua M. Smith
December 13, 2012, 03:09 AM
The page is up-to-date with what I have so far.

The pictures that were smaller due to space, I've now linked so you can see the full-sized image!

Glad you all are enjoying this!

Regards,

Josh

caribou
December 13, 2012, 03:45 AM
Let me try again, Josh. It smy wife with a Bear that squared 10'2 and two shots from her Valmet M-39 was all it took....lemme try again

highbrow
December 14, 2012, 12:44 AM
Here is one from a couple years ago. 203gr Brown Bear. Darrel's scout mount.176168

caribou
December 14, 2012, 05:33 AM
My photobucket must be drunk.......I cannot get "all" to show, only my first page.

If you like, peruse my former posts and pick up some pictures that way? Theres a whole lotta Mosin going on.

Sorry, theres not much to post in a Hunting forum this timma year. Its the freezeup and dark timma year. thin ice and little snow, so travel , hence Hunting, is very very hard on rides and foot. Weve worked hard all Summer to get to this "easy" point and work inside for the most part, besides, its -28 tonight and windy....We have a Cashe of Fat Fall Caribou Bulls, and more than 1,000 egg leaden Whitfish outside, where its dark 23 hours a day now, as were in the Arctic. It is the 5th and final "Season" to Eskimo; Spring, Summer, Fall, Dark Winter and Light Winter, as itll be 20 hours of daylight at the end of March and still -30. Febuary is when I start hunting again, for freash Meats and Fur. Trapping is the way to go right now, and well be moving to camp right after X mas, and the 21st's equinox is the point that we will gain light, a few minutes a day, till we actually have a "Day ~~LOL!!~~ and when we have a few hours to see, were back to 'The Chase' :D

hq
December 14, 2012, 05:37 AM
Look for older finnish hunting pictures. Mosin used to be a massively popular hunting rifle around here, and to some degree it still is. Most of them were sporterized, though.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mosin Hunting Pictures, Anyone?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!