Effective Marketing Strikes!

PDA

berettaprofessor
December 10, 2012, 10:21 AM
I know there are those who think the Zombie craze puts gun owners in a bad light, but call it what you will, it certainly is an effective marketing technique and I believe it may help bring younger members into the fold with game toys like the one pictured below.

Found this one at Dick's this weekend for $35, and since I was looking for an Airsoft that wasn't a springer, I was susceptible to its charms. Made by Crosman and the first I've seen using this marketing. For those who are interested, there are two other versions, a TACZ11 which is the same pistol with a fake suppressor and 360 tactical rail, and a tactical rifle.

For the serious, it weighs just over a lb, and the trigger pull is also approximately one lb, gritty, and has a lot of creep.:D I'll have to do some work on the trigger but I was able to hold a 6" circle from 10 feet:neener:

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad195/professorroush/compZombieEliminatorpackage.jpg

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad195/professorroush/compZombieEliminatorZ11.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Effective Marketing Strikes!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mgmorden
December 10, 2012, 10:48 AM
Bah. I personally love zombie films and "zombie culture". I've done a Zombie 5k and watch just everything Romero puts out, but this whole marketing idea that fluorescent green = zombies is stupid.

Granted, I bought a box of Zombie-max ammo as a novelty item, but the knives with green handles and the green grips on guns don't appeal to me. It seems to take what I consider to be a fairly serious and dramatic film/tv genre and treat it a bit too childishly.

To each his own though. If it gets more people interested in shooting then all the better.

Al Thompson
December 10, 2012, 11:07 AM
BP, just not seeing it. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Effective Marketing Strikes!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!