Price check on used Marlin XT 22

PDA

jon86
December 10, 2012, 01:49 PM
My local toy store (AKA LGS) has a used XT 22 for $200.

It's a 22lr, magazine fed, wood-stocked rifle.

Is this a decent price? I can't find anything wrong with it at first glance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Price check on used Marlin XT 22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mg.mikael
December 10, 2012, 07:27 PM
Look on Gunbroker....seems new one's are selling from around $200 and up.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.aspx?cat=0&Keywords=Marlin%20XT%2022

Negotiate on the price, maybe $150 since it's used.

col_temp
December 10, 2012, 07:49 PM
Gunauction gunbroker, armslist, etc... are good places to start to get an idea of the price.
Most of those auctions are way over priced so it gives you the ceiling that you should pay (less probably 10%)! :)
Remember to add in FFl and shipping fee reductions if you purchase locally!

col_temp
December 10, 2012, 07:55 PM
Gunauction gunbroker, armslist, etc... are good places to start to get an idea of the price.
Most of those auctions are way over priced so it gives you the ceiling that you should pay (less probably 10%)! :)
Remember to add in FFl and shipping fee reductions if you purchase locally!

MAKster
December 11, 2012, 12:12 AM
Dicks sells brand new ones for $200 so I wouldn't pay more than $150 for a used one.

Cee Zee
December 12, 2012, 05:25 PM
I paid $200 for a new one with a tube mag. Some are more expensive though depending on the features. Like for example is it stainless? Different stocks cost different amounts too. Box mag vs. tube mag is probably different. Those are things you should ask about.

If you enjoyed reading about "Price check on used Marlin XT 22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!