Coyote!

PDA

BP Hunter
December 10, 2012, 01:59 PM
Here is a picture of the coyote I shot yesterday. In a way, I find it special since this is my first kill in WA since I started hunting up here in WA from TX.

I went out in the mountians about 4pm. It was about 42 degress and cloudy and near sunset. I was at the edge of a very large field. I placed my stand on the edge of the field and hid behind a large brush. I started calling it in with hand held caller. I was expecting a coyote to show up in the hills in front of me. But after about a little more than 5 mnutes, I saw it running form the corner of my right eye. It initally disappeared in the hill and showed itself about 80 yards away. My rifle was on a bipod. I lifted the rifle, shouldered it and saw the whole animal on my scope at 7x. I pulled the trigger, bu tit didn't shoot. I was so excited that I forgot to take the safety off. It them went boom. It fell from the spot. I shot it with my Ruger Hawkeye 25-06.

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r560/toughbuff/20121209_161357.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Coyote!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
brnmw
December 10, 2012, 02:10 PM
Nice Coyote!

cottswald
December 10, 2012, 04:37 PM
Was probably tryin to get down wind of you.

Looks like a nice shot.

Ironman
December 10, 2012, 04:50 PM
He was probably just smelling like poop pile. Thats what my dogs would do lol!

desidog
December 10, 2012, 05:05 PM
Time for some Korean BBQ! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Coyote!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!