Well here I am locked down with only a cane for protection

PDA

Queen_of_Thunder
December 10, 2012, 02:42 PM
Someone was seen with a gun at the Army hospital and they and the attached VA is locked down.

If you enjoyed reading about "Well here I am locked down with only a cane for protection" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CoRoMo
December 10, 2012, 02:49 PM
Where is this?

Queen_of_Thunder
December 10, 2012, 02:53 PM
El Paso Texas. They just cleared the Code White so I'm free to go. Only had to sit for an hour locked behind locked doors. The person with the gun was at the Army Hospital which the VA is attached too.

Rembrandt
December 10, 2012, 07:03 PM
Sounds like you need a "cane gun"....

Steel Horse Rider
December 10, 2012, 08:48 PM
or a cane dagger....

TRX
December 10, 2012, 09:23 PM
That's the legality of this "lock down" thing? Are you officially "detained" by some law enforcement body with jurisdiction, or what?

Queen_of_Thunder
December 10, 2012, 09:56 PM
Yep., MP's, DOD Police and VA Security. The gates were also closed so access to or the ability to leave didn't exist. Thank goodness they found him quickly. I really don't think that I would be happy waiting while they searched a 12 story hospital and a 4 story VA Clinic room by room.

Apachedriver
December 10, 2012, 10:24 PM
Yep., MP's, DOD Police and VA Security. The gates were also closed so access to or the ability to leave didn't exist. Thank goodness they found him quickly.

So you're saying the gov't was perfectly willing and able to effectively look out for your well-being and safety? That's fantastic!!

Just joshing.

USAF_Vet
December 11, 2012, 09:56 PM
Better a cane than nothing at all. I've been implementing some modern Arnis to my cane techniques. Pretty devastating stuff. Anyway, what was the situation? Active gunman or a dolt who forgot to secure his carry gun?

prism
December 11, 2012, 10:41 PM
maybe this news item

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/news/beaumont-army-medical-center-lockdown/nTRmY

Carne Frio
December 12, 2012, 12:28 AM
VA Medical Centers have a huge amount
of video spying, inside and outside of their
facilities. The one I worked at had six roof
top cameras that could pan and zoom. The
zoom was like up to 200. And they could
record any camera. This was all post 9/11.

If you enjoyed reading about "Well here I am locked down with only a cane for protection" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!