Cost conscious gun gear guide.

PDA

breakingcontact
December 10, 2012, 09:27 PM
What's are some of the cheaper purchases you've made for your guns that have made a big difference? How about modifications or things you've made yourself for next to nothing but you've found very useful?

Painting the sights on my handgun was a cheap modification that made it much more usable for quick defensive shooting.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cost conscious gun gear guide." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bainter1212
December 10, 2012, 10:52 PM
I built a scout out of a mosin nagant, and needed a set of scope rings to mount to the 11mm dovetail underneath the rear site base. Found a company that makes one piece rings/bases for the 11mm dovetail, only they were advertised for use with .22LR only. I took a chance and ordered one. Turned out not only did it fit perfectly, the setup is extremely sturdy and held up just fine to 54r recoil. Around $30 for the base/rings. Can't remember the company name.....in my bookmarks.......ended up being a killer deal though.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cost conscious gun gear guide." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!