Recommendation for Rx shooting glasses

PDA

ATLDave
December 13, 2012, 10:44 AM
I presently do all my shooting behind standard Rx glasses or Rx sunglasses. However, stories of bullet splash or other debris penetrating standard lenses or getting around non-wraparound styles are filling me with a desire for some dedicated shooting glasses with sturdy frames. Anybody have any particular recommendations? Brand of frame? Seeing an optometrist that specializes? Colors of lenses? If it matters, I have a fairly weak nearsighted Rx and do not (yet) require correction for close work, so no bifocal/progressive concerns at present.

If you enjoyed reading about "Recommendation for Rx shooting glasses" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
2nd 41
December 15, 2012, 12:15 PM
I considered dedicated shooting eye wear but found it easier to wear OTG(over the glasses) protective shooting glasses. I bought them from the NRA store and set from Cabelas. HTH.

Highcaliber
December 15, 2012, 12:22 PM
Try bobster.com. They had photochromic shooting glasses WITH your prescription for $88 a while back. Limited lifetime warranty. $55 without a prescription.

http://bobster.com]Bobster Tactical Eyewear Official Site

GE-Mini-Gun
December 17, 2012, 09:16 AM
Randolph Ranger XLW

If you enjoyed reading about "Recommendation for Rx shooting glasses" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!