US gun website sued (ArmsList)

PDA

Reloadron
December 13, 2012, 01:33 PM
Looks like ArmsList is the latest target of Sara Brady's friends.

US gun website sued for alleged ties to slayings. (http://news.msn.com/us/us-gun-website-sued-for-alleged-ties-to-slayings-3)

Typically as always failing to place blame where it belongs.

Ron

If you enjoyed reading about "US gun website sued (ArmsList)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
coloradokevin
December 13, 2012, 02:12 PM
That's unfortunate. Another case of misplaced blame by the anti-gun movement.

I've noticed in recent years that it has become harder and harder to facilitate face-to-face private party sales of firearms via the internet/classified ads. Person-to-person private party sales have been a part of gun-owning culture since before I was born, and the internet just provided a new way for buyers and sellers to meet each other.

Attacks on these basic means of trade have been coming at us for well over a decade now, probably ever since the politicized "gun show loophole" in the wake of the Columbine shooting. There never was a gun show loophole, and there's no way a reasonable person would blame Armslist for the actions of a deranged killer. But, we're lawyering ourselves to death here in America, so I suppose this really shouldn't come as a surprise to me.

mr.scott
December 13, 2012, 02:23 PM
It's been upheld as a constitutional right. I really don't care what the Brady bunch says. Armslist needs to counter sue for libel.
Though I wonder if I can get a politician to propose a bill to make mandatory background checks for the purchase of anything that can be used to spread freedom of speech?

Al Thompson
December 13, 2012, 02:36 PM
Already running in Legal. :)

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=689033

If you enjoyed reading about "US gun website sued (ArmsList)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!