Certain Kydex Sheaths to Molle

PDA

.Scarecrow.
December 14, 2012, 02:04 AM
I am looking at this custom sheath for an Ontario RAT-7

http://www.chestnutridgeknifeshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=55&products_id=715&osCsid=d5c896a9f8ee44f9f970fd726e3c070f

And I would want to use the method of simply weaving Paracord through the rivets and through the Molle. But, being there are only rivets on the one side, would this not be possible? I just don't see a good way of securing the opposite side.

Any Suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "Certain Kydex Sheaths to Molle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
December 14, 2012, 09:47 AM
Taco style sheaths are particularly challenging to carry since they only offer the one option for mounting as they come.

You can wrap webbing and glue it to the sheath, but that's not going to make you confident of the mount.

CWL
December 14, 2012, 01:36 PM
You can secure the spine side by creating & wrapping a band of kydex around the sheath to give mounting positions on both sides of the sheath.

I don't know if this is worthwhile $$-wise. I think duct tape, or just using Tek-Loks would work for most applications.

.Scarecrow.
December 14, 2012, 03:33 PM
I think what I may do is contact Red Hill Sheaths (Not the maker of this sheath) and have them make me one and specify that I need rivets on both sides. I have heard good things about them also.

Valkman
December 14, 2012, 07:50 PM
Just tell them you need a MOLLE attachment instead of a regular one - they have those and I used to get them on some sheaths.

JShirley
December 14, 2012, 07:51 PM
Just don't put this on body armor.

May work great as a camp knife on a pack, but don't think you'll carry it into combat.

If you enjoyed reading about "Certain Kydex Sheaths to Molle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!