Crossbreed Supertuck vs Milt Sparks Versa Max 2

PDA

Stringer99
December 14, 2012, 10:28 AM
Just a quick few notes about these holsters. I have both for the glock 19/23, and more often than not I see the VM II get recommended over the crossbreed, and im left wondering why. To me as far as IWB holsters, thinness is everything. My VM II is 43mm in width, my crossbreed is 36mm in width. This alone makes the crossbreed much more comfortable as well as easier to conceal. Also, the snaps on the VM II are a bitch to close (with or without belt) and they are bulky, whereas the thin crossbreed steel clips just glide on and off. The crossbreed is adjustable, the VM II is not. The black dye on the VM II transfers to my hands. The VM II is more expensive, and usually requires a 6 month wait. As far as I can tell, the only thing the VM II has going for it, is it's prettier.

Am I alone on this one? :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Crossbreed Supertuck vs Milt Sparks Versa Max 2" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Peter M. Eick
December 14, 2012, 01:41 PM
Yes you are.

(Just kidding)

I have two VMIIs and looked at the Supertuck. The Supertuck did not support the gun as well as the VM2. It was not as solid and I did not think it would wear as well as the VMIIs. One of my VM2's is now 10 years old and I wear routinely. The six month wait is no big deal when you look at it over that time frame.

You have to ask yourself if most folks say VM2, what are you missing?

erikk8829
December 15, 2012, 07:26 PM
2 VM2's & wear one every day. There is a reason for the 6 month wait

dmaxprof
December 15, 2012, 10:25 PM
I have both the Crossbreed Supertuck and the VM II. For me personally the Supertuck fits far better and is much more comfortable. As stated earlier, the VM II is beautifully made and seems to satisfy a large number of people. I, however, came to the conclusion that for prolonged periods of carrying, the Supertuck is superior for me. But then that is why there are so many different holsters and holster makers. Everyone has different body shapes and needs. Finding what works best individually is the challenge for all of us.

If you enjoyed reading about "Crossbreed Supertuck vs Milt Sparks Versa Max 2" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!