advertising

PDA

Guillermo
December 14, 2012, 11:57 AM
When I go to buy something I would to "click through" from THR if I have the opportunity.

There does not seem to be a place where one can see all of the banner ads so one must "catch" an ad.

I noticed this when I looking for an ear protection ad that I had seen earlier and could not find it.

While I am not a computer geek nor do I play one on TV, it would seem a simple task to have a button with all advertisers listed and appropriate hyperlinks.

Much grass

G

If you enjoyed reading about "advertising" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JShirley
December 14, 2012, 01:19 PM
There isn't currently a way to do that. If we only had, say 5 or even 10 advertisers, it could be done, but THR doesn't have the means (keeping someone employed essentially full-time just to hunt down potential advertisers- the salary cost would mean we only broke even, at best) for that type of structure yet.

It's a good idea, it's just not currently workable. We *could*, potentially, have a list of "Premier Sponsors", but again, with the current setup, it would not include many advertiser's products.

Guillermo
December 14, 2012, 02:02 PM
even just a "sticky" with hyperlinks to the companies that advertise would be an improvement.

And certainly that is doable

(I never found the ear protection device ad :()

JPFO and Gunlaws must be the premium advertisers because they are the ones I see 75% or more percent of the time

JShirley
December 14, 2012, 08:42 PM
THR gives RKBA orgs PSA space. Those are one of THR's gifts to the fight.

You're not listening to what I'm saying. THR does not directly sell most of its ad space. We can, as I said, potentially give links to a few major advertisers.

Guillermo
December 14, 2012, 08:57 PM
THR does not directly sell most of its ad space. We can, as I said, potentially give links to a few major advertisers.

that the links are sold or free isn't the issue.

Identifying and hyperlinking to a website that scored (free or paid) a banner ad, even in a way as low tech as a sticky, would allow someone to find a company or organization whether is is for the THR 10th anniversary knife, JPFO or Brownells.

JShirley
December 14, 2012, 09:26 PM
As I said, what you ask can't be currently done. Talking more about it won't change this fact.

John

Derek Zeanah
December 15, 2012, 12:49 AM
It would. But not all ads are directly sold by THR, so stuff that other networks push aren't collected on our server, so they can't be listed easily.

If you enjoyed reading about "advertising" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!