dave canterbury's video on using a single shot 12 gauge as a muzzleloader

PDA

dbrown
December 14, 2012, 10:44 PM
I was wondering if this was safe.

If you enjoyed reading about "dave canterbury's video on using a single shot 12 gauge as a muzzleloader" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Duane M
December 14, 2012, 10:48 PM
I didn't like the idea of putting powder and shot down the barrel with the primer in the chamber. That looked scarey to me.

Black Knight
December 15, 2012, 12:43 AM
I have not seen the video but from Duane M's response I would say it would be safer to use black powder shells if you can find them or have them made up.

jakk280rem
December 15, 2012, 03:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES59LtA7XE8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

is this the video you're speaking of?

XTrooper
December 15, 2012, 07:26 AM
Irrespective of whether it actually works or not, I give this questionable idea a thumbs down.

My motto: "Use the right tool for the job." ;)

FROGO207
December 15, 2012, 11:30 AM
It does not take THAT much to load a brass shotshell with black powder and glue in an overshot wad. A nail and hammer to remove the primer and hardwood dowel/board with hole in it to reprime using a hammer to tap back in, then that same dowel to push the nitro cards/wads down before charging with a load. Do it out of the firearm for safety.JMHO:scrutiny

VA27
December 15, 2012, 11:56 AM
Safe enough. It's a gun, not a nuclear device.:rolleyes:

AI&P Tactical
December 15, 2012, 12:53 PM
Why would one do this?

In this state you would be breaking the law using it during the Muzzle Loading hunting season. Even with no normal shotgun shells in your possession the DNR would confinscate the weapon, maybe you vehicle and site you. You may be able to get the right judge and get out of it but why would anyone risk that?

If you enjoyed reading about "dave canterbury's video on using a single shot 12 gauge as a muzzleloader" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!