Best place to hide guns

PDA

Kahr33556
December 15, 2012, 10:47 AM
:) :) :) :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Best place to hide guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
berettaprofessor
December 15, 2012, 11:31 AM
Dangerously close to a TEOTWAWKI question which is not allowed here. But a) they can track your purchases for at least the last 20 years through your FFL's records. And b) yes, PVC should protect both firearms and ammo, with the proper amount of grease applied to the former and dry packing for the latter.

Certaindeaf
December 15, 2012, 11:51 AM
In a Wolverine den. Wolverines!

MachIVshooter
December 15, 2012, 11:57 AM
Oh, brother.........:rolleyes:

mg.mikael
December 15, 2012, 01:42 PM
I want to hide my guns from family members

Why do you need to hide guns from family members? If you're worried about individuals in your family who may be mentally unstable(as with the recent shootings) you should resort to getting medical/mental help for them; NOT ignoring their problems and simply hiding guns in the hopes that will resolve the situation.

If this is not the case, and instead your simply paranoid about *possible* and *rumored* new gun control regulations and hence you wish to hide your guns, please do us all a favor and take off your tin-foil hat.

Kahr33556
December 15, 2012, 02:00 PM
MG mickael
No Im not hidding them from family memmbers I changed my post because my old post may have been against the rules as stated by another member.
No I'm not ready to bury them, just asking if that would preserve them.
Also I don't trust our presedent,he wants to change the world as we know it.

chris in va
December 15, 2012, 02:04 PM
Get a safe, bolt it to the floor/wall...done.

suemarkp
December 15, 2012, 03:16 PM
Safes are fine, but you need to keep the contents warm (e.g. put a goldenrod heater or lights in your safe). If going to be stored in an unheated building or buried, try these:

https://www.zcorrproducts.com/collections/firearm-storage-bags

Atbat82
December 15, 2012, 03:44 PM
This might be a dumb question, but why do you need to keep the contents warm? Do guns need to be stored at a certain temp? It is the idea to keep the temp constant?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

HOOfan_1
December 15, 2012, 03:57 PM
This might be a dumb question, but why do you need to keep the contents warm? Do guns need to be stored at a certain temp? It is the idea to keep the temp constant?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

to prevent condensation.

High humidity plus low temperatures = condensation.

Keith_Alva
December 15, 2012, 04:12 PM
I have known certain people who may have had some things buried on their property for certain emergency situations. These are people living on a minimum of close to 10 acres of private property. It had less to do with end of the world scenarios and more to do with "what if X happens on my property, and I can't get to my gun safe..." Basically a tactically placed "Plan-B" since out in those swamps, in can take the local deputies close to an hour to respond to a call.

If you really need to store your guns long term, find a secure storage facility with good security and an insurance package to cover loss or damage due to know fault of your own while they are being stored.

SharpsDressedMan
December 15, 2012, 07:07 PM
It's pretty obvious that if you divulge the best places to hide guns on the internet, they are no longer the best places to hide guns. You have to get this information in person, away from cameras, listening devices, and outsiders.

Ragnar Danneskjold
December 15, 2012, 07:37 PM
I'd say the best place would be underground someplace deserted. As for how; coat the gun in grease, put it inside one of those firearms storage bags, or any other kind of mylar bag that can be sealed. Toss in some desiccant packs and O2 absorbers before you seal it. Then place the whole thing inside a PVC pipe. Make sure you seal both ends very well. If you really wanna go all out, you can fill the remaining space of the PVC pipe with silica gel kitty litter. That will act as another of moisture absorption. You could even put the PVC pipe into a couple layers of tied off trash bags.

Just make sure you take a GPS with you and mark the exact coordinate of where you buried it.

SEE IT LIKE A NATIVE
December 15, 2012, 07:47 PM
I think I would get on e of those vacuum seal food savers , oil the gun up and vacuum bag it , them put it in the gun safe or the pvc pipe and bury it ! Kevin

762gunr
December 15, 2012, 08:07 PM
Sealed container like PVC but filled with motor oil. Obviously guns with wood stocks or rubber would not work very well. I imagine an AR or AK in an oil bath would last a century or more.

56hawk
December 15, 2012, 08:32 PM
Plain sight:

1pYqquG27pg

Jorg Nysgerrig
December 15, 2012, 08:37 PM
Deleting your original post after you get an answer is rather inconsiderate to the other members of the forum.

Rephrasing your post into some nonsense about your family to get around posting rules is simply childish.

If you enjoyed reading about "Best place to hide guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!