Bow to pistol transition.

PDA

kayak-man
December 15, 2012, 05:50 PM
Hey guys,

Whats you're preferred method of getting to your pistol quickly while bow hunting? I'm used to shooting my bow with fingers (Glove, but I could go back to the finger tab) If you use a release, do you have one that you can drop quickly? It seems like the kind that strap to your wrist would get in the way of a good grip, fumble the draw, and maybe even keep you from hitting the grip safety if you have one.

The glove might work, and I need to put in some range time shooting with it on, but I never shot as well or drew as fast with gloves as I did with bare hands.

Just wondering what y'all thought about it.

Mods - I really wrestled with where to post this one, so if you can think of a better spot, please move it.

Thanks guys,
Chris "the Kayak-Man" Johnson

If you enjoyed reading about "Bow to pistol transition." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tarosean
December 15, 2012, 06:17 PM
I shoot with a Scott little Goose, and it doesn't interfere with my handgun the release just flops out of the way.

25cschaefer
December 15, 2012, 07:29 PM
I have a Scott Mongoose, and have had to draw my pistol in a hurry. It just flops out of the way. This was a drop leg holster so I suppose there could be some trouble from the hip but I bet you wont even worry about it if you need it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bow to pistol transition." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!