770 donor action

PDA

Pacsd
December 15, 2012, 10:17 PM
Think a 770 Remington action worth building off of using a quality barrel, stock, trigger?

If you enjoyed reading about "770 donor action" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
December 15, 2012, 10:19 PM
No!

Not when you can get an old beater Rem 700, or a decent Savage 110, or a Mauser 98 for less money.

The 770 barrel is pressed in the receiver, not threaded like most other decent actions.
And as far as I know, there is no possible way to rebarrel one.

If you send one back to Remington under warrenty, they will very likely send you back a new different rifle.

rc

Pacsd
December 15, 2012, 11:09 PM
ahhhhh..I see. I didn't know much about them other then the whole system wasn't too highly thought of. I just had an idea of using one for a build. Won't even think about that now. 'Preciate the info.

smokey262
December 20, 2012, 10:03 PM
And I do not think you will ever see an aftermarket source for stocks and triggers either. Most guys who only need or want the bargain grades of rifles will not spend an extra couple hundred to make it nicer

tcanthonyii
December 23, 2012, 04:54 PM
Another cheap action to look for is a Marlin X series.

If you enjoyed reading about "770 donor action" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!