Confusion on what I hear.

PDA

.Scarecrow.
December 16, 2012, 07:18 PM
Like a lot of people out there I am concerned for something of an assault weapons ban, now I already own all the "Assault Weapons" that I desire at the moment but some people are talking about how they probably won't Grandfather the features/weapons for a new ban, meaning you would have to turn them in or face felony. Basically what I'm trying to say is, some people are saying we're going to get the absolute worse thing imaginable and some are saying we just need to vote and give money to the NRAILA, as if they aren't as concerned and more have the mindset of, "Yeah we'll be alright." I also hear things about how All the gun owners across the nation are fed up and have had enough, and then you also hear people saying that not enough people care. I guess I'm just confused and don't know who to listen to. I feel like it's not going to be the bare minimum but also not the most extreme. Can someone give me some insight on this?

If you enjoyed reading about "Confusion on what I hear." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sam1911
December 16, 2012, 07:25 PM
Actually, I'm going to close this one. There are several threads running on similar questions at the moment.

The truth is NO ONE knows what will happen next. So there's no certainty to give you.

However, we have a pretty good political situation at the moment -- it will be quite hard to get any serious anti-gun legislation passed unless large numbers of legislators completely wilt and abandon "us."

Call, write, and email your senators frequently and politely to let them know that tragic and quite rare events like this are no reason to take away rights from hundreds of millions of people who DIDN'T kill anyone. Further, encourage them to eliminate "gun free zones" so that we remove all these "victim disarmament zones" from our country. Then, propose that teachers be encourage -- perhaps even REQUIRED -- to learn to defend their students, and then allowed to possess and carry effective tools with which to do so.

We do no hang our heads and accept blame for tragedies like this. We instead say, will we not be allowed the tools to resist evil such as this?

If you enjoyed reading about "Confusion on what I hear." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!