denialof service attack/ security cert tampering?

PDA

Texan Scott
December 18, 2012, 09:28 PM
Getting security certificate validity warnings - ref godaddy.com and your cert not being from a trusted source.

Also, between @ 1645 and 1745 est, distinct denial of service issues with posting and database searches. Was unable to post or search.

If you enjoyed reading about "denialof service attack/ security cert tampering?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
December 18, 2012, 09:46 PM
IE-9 just went ape crazy at 8"30 PM CT tonight.

Like it's locked in a loop and you can't get out until you close the browser.

Google Chrome is working as I post this.

rc

Derek Zeanah
December 19, 2012, 08:34 AM
Weird. I thought I'd fixed it last night; I'll try again today.

In general, we've got https certs, but the web servers should automatically redirect you back to a regular http connection. I'll see what I can do.

rcmodel
December 19, 2012, 11:51 AM
Still not working right with IE-9 today at 10:44 AM CST.

I can get in through Google, and each of the forums seem to work.

But if I click on Thehighroad.org logo at the top of the page, or THR in the menu to see all the forums?
It goes crazy, locked in a loop, clock mouse pointer running, just blinking rapidly like it is trying to load but can't.

Same if I click Thehighroad link in the menu bar I have always used in the past.

I can't get in without going through the back door from a Google link.

Google Chrome is working.
Firefox is working.

So it must be something specific to IE-9.
Or maybe just my IE-9??

rc

Jorg Nysgerrig
December 19, 2012, 12:05 PM
rcmodel, try clearing your IE cache and/or cookies.

rcmodel
December 19, 2012, 12:10 PM
Already did that last night and again today.

rc

powell&hyde
December 19, 2012, 01:03 PM
I also had the same problem on FF yesterday at 8-9am when the high road was down, a box opened up and asked if I wanted to install a security certificate in the browser. I looked at the address and it was www.thehighroad.org so I clicked ok and got redirected to another website. I quickly shut down the browser and locked the firewall and opened up FF and went to advance settings and found a rogue sever security certificate installed.

I removed it and so far with chrome and FF it's been ok. Just a note, every time the browser is shut down I delete the cache. Also I couldn't even begin to tell you the name of the certificate as it was in Chinese, Japanese symbols.

rcmodel
December 19, 2012, 01:30 PM
O.K!

I just did what you suggested and found a Trusted site added in IE-9 for Thehighroad.org.

I deleted it.

And that fixed it!!

Thanks!!

PS: I also just found it had been added to the "trusted" list in Kasparsky Anti-Virus.

rc

Gaiudo
December 19, 2012, 04:34 PM
Once I cleared my cache this problem went away.

HOOfan_1
December 20, 2012, 09:12 PM
I am having a problem in Firefox 17 as well.

Queen_of_Thunder
January 9, 2013, 08:26 AM
Add me to the list of those getting warnings and security certificate warnings. I use an LG phone with Android OS.

Derek Zeanah
January 9, 2013, 08:32 AM
If you tried to connect this morning around 4-5 am then this is probably expected. If it's happening now, and you didn't try connecting then, then I don't know. The https:// version of THR should come up as valid, even though you'll be directed to the normal http:// version of the site.

Krogen
January 9, 2013, 10:22 AM
Firefox and Chrome both gave issues late last night. Clearing the cache and cookies in Firefox corrected the problem.

This morning Chrome still gave issues, but again clearing its cache and cookies fixed it.

Queen_of_Thunder
January 9, 2013, 01:19 PM
Getting a warning of too many server redirects.

Derek Zeanah
January 9, 2013, 01:28 PM
Clear your cache and that'll go away.

It's a problem with the load balancer thinking the web servers went away. They didn't, but it's still issuing some kind of wonky response that's interfering with what your web browser has cached.

mtrmn
January 9, 2013, 01:40 PM
I got repeated messages the security certificate was invalid about noon today, but it works OK now. I didn't clear anything, just waited and tried again.

slim76
January 11, 2013, 06:52 PM
Thank you Derek, I have firefox and I just cleared the cache and it fixed it like magic :). Awesome.

If you enjoyed reading about "denialof service attack/ security cert tampering?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!