Soaring Prices?

PDA

horsemen61
December 18, 2012, 11:28 PM
I recently was speaking to a friend about this and his attitude was that it won't ever come down :fire:. I calmly explained that this kind of thing happened after the 08 elections and it would slowly come down what do yall think am I right ..... .... or is (gulp) my friend.

If you enjoyed reading about "Soaring Prices?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ColtPythonElite
December 18, 2012, 11:31 PM
I think you are.

Jorg Nysgerrig
December 18, 2012, 11:33 PM
It's impossible to know at this point. If major legislation results in the supply being restricted and the demand soars, prices will go up. If nothing major happens and the supply increases and the demand wanes, prices will go back down.

jcwit
December 18, 2012, 11:35 PM
Pure speculation at this time as to what will happen.

MachIVshooter
December 18, 2012, 11:37 PM
No legislation-things will calm down, prices will return almost to where they were.

Legislation that grandfathers pre ban stuff and allows it to be resold? Prices will continue to rise.

Legislation that does not allow transfer of pre-ban items? Well, if you can't sell something, it doesn't have much monetary value, does it? (At least not on the legal market...)

Agsalaska
December 18, 2012, 11:46 PM
I am so tired of people complaining about price gouging. It proves to me that they are generally as clueless about market forces as the anti gun nuts are about the worth of the laws they want to create. The market looks to me like it is reacting exactly as it should. AR15's, AK's, ammo, and magazines are still available online for purchase at a premium. If you want one you can get one. But it is prevented people from buying more than they need based on the asking price. That is what is keeping supply available. The market is working exactly as it should.

I know it is not exactly what this thread is about, but close enough. I just needed to type that somewhere. :banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Soaring Prices?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!