I just became an NRA Life Member.. YOUR TURN (HUGE DISCOUNT!!!)

PDA

RIDE
December 20, 2012, 04:05 PM
So I just became a Life Member of the NRA with the sponsorship of another Life member that I'll leave nameless so as to not fill his PM box, but I truly appreciate his help.

I now want to do the same for others.

Here's the DEAL!!!...

An NRA Life Membership usually requires a $1,000.00 donation to the NRA... Every once in a while they'll do a $500 Life Member deal...

Currently, if you have another Life Member Sponsor you, you can get an NRA LIFE MEMBERSHIP for just $300!!!! (That's the going rate for 1 single BCG or 300 rounds of 5.56 at the gougers!)

NOW is the time to do it! It's never been more critical than now.

Not tomorrow, not next week... Don't "wait and see" what happens..

I can't keep up with the PM's... Here's the info below... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT... It's time, and maybe the last chance, to put up or shut up.... I know it's some $$$ for a lot of folks, but it may be the best money you've ever spent!

Just PM me, and I'll give you the info you'll need to get the $300 NRA Life Membership deal!

If you enjoyed reading about "I just became an NRA Life Member.. YOUR TURN (HUGE DISCOUNT!!!)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
drwindmill
December 20, 2012, 11:11 PM
Can someone set me up with info. I would like to join tonite.

SigMic
December 21, 2012, 12:03 AM
It sounds like a good plan and 2 weeks ago, I would have considered it.
However, right now I think I'm better served waiting to see what they say at the press conference tomorrow.

I may well cancel my membership depending on what they say.

JohnKSa
December 21, 2012, 12:18 AM
However, right now I think I'm better served waiting to see what they say at the press conference tomorrow.What do you think is the NRA's strongest negotiating point?

It's their membership levels.

If they don't feel like they can come out with a hard-line, no compromise stance, it's only because they don't feel like they have the membership levels to warrant such a position.

The strength of the NRA (the strength of any advocacy group) is heavily based on the number of members it has. Waiting for an advocacy group to demonstrate its strength before joining is like waiting to put gas in the empty tank of a car until you can see how fast it will go. It ain't goin' nowhere with an empty tank.

RIDE
December 21, 2012, 08:57 AM
SigMic: It sounds like a good plan and 2 weeks ago, I would have considered it.
However, right now I think I'm better served waiting to see what they say at the press conference tomorrow.

^^^This is so sad (and infuriating) to here from a fellow american, and especially from a fellow gun owner. The time to fight is now, not after you already been beaten.

Some will sit back and "wait for their statement", some will complain about their leadership. Others get in the fight from any and every front possible.

If you do nothing at all, and our rights are infringed, or all together taken away you have no one, not the Republicans, not the NRA, not the Tes Party, no one blame but yourself.

If you aren't joining the largest, most powerful pro-2A organization on the planet.. then you better darn well be doing SOMETHING to join the fight. If not, you're just as bad as (IMO worse) than the folks that would ban all guns and negate the 2nd Amendment.

But as you know... It's a free country.

(at least for a little while longer)

Moo 2 Drvr
December 21, 2012, 10:27 AM
Ride,

Thanks for performing this valuable public service. I got my life membership because of your efforts and i plan to sponsor as many of my friends as possible.

Bruce

Green Lantern
December 21, 2012, 11:52 AM
I am currently a member. I am very interested in this offer. But I see nothing wrong with SigMic waiting to see what their response will be to this, before deciding if my money might be better spent elsewhere in this fight.

I seriously DOUBT that they're going to cave, or offer up some sort of "compromise-that-isn't." But as short on money as I am at the moment, I see no harm in waiting a few hours....

ETA: I do think that waiting a while to come out and respond was the right thing to do - both morally and from a "tactical" standpoint.

kalel33
December 21, 2012, 12:45 PM
But I see nothing wrong with SigMic waiting to see what their response will be to this, before deciding if my money might be better spent elsewhere in this fight.

They did come out with their response and they blame video games(which flies in the face of every single study done on the subject), movies(same thing as video games), and media. They absolutely have an argument with the media, being that they immortalize the shooter with showing his entire life and endlessly saying his name. They state that every school should have a police officer, which is well and good but who pays for it? Schools don't have the money now to educate students but they're supposed to pay $50,000+ a year for an officer?

xXxplosive
December 21, 2012, 12:48 PM
We upped our membership last Monday....I encourage everyone to do the same.

Fred in Wisc
December 21, 2012, 02:34 PM
OK, would someone kindly sponsor me? I'm currently an annual member but it's time to upgrade that. Pending approval from the wife, of course.

Cypress
December 21, 2012, 03:14 PM
I'm currently working on gift membership for 4 family members. I think if we can double or triple the number of members in the next few weeks it will send a clear message.

Narwhal
December 21, 2012, 08:30 PM
Thanks to Ride, I got my life membership and donated an additional $100 to the NRA's school protection fund. I appreciate it. If you're thinking of a way to contribute to our cause in the wake of sandyhook, I think this is a good way, and it works just as Ride has stated.

rduchateau2954
December 21, 2012, 09:06 PM
I truly do not mean anything by this comment, but isn't the whole point of being a member to help financially support the NRA? You life time guys, do you make it a point to donate on a regular basis?

I re-up every year because it works out to be more money.

Mrdinks
December 21, 2012, 09:18 PM
There are always ways to give. Good to have the numbers.
Keep it up everyone!!

I am the NRA, sent with Tapatalk 2

orionengnr
December 21, 2012, 09:35 PM
Good job, gentlemen.
I am a Life Member and my wife is an Endowment Member.
Which is appropriate, because she is well-endowed. :)

gobysky
December 22, 2012, 07:55 AM
I certainly appreciate the post about the discount. But I'm going to continue to renew every five years, I really don't care what it costs, knowing that I'm supporting a good cause.

Ryanxia
December 22, 2012, 08:25 PM
I am an NRA member already but right now that $300 is best spent in what will soon be called 'pre-ban' items. :(

SpentCasing
December 22, 2012, 09:29 PM
Unfortunaltey $300 is out of my budget due to raising a young family and Christmas, I am proud to say I did just become a one year member. :cool:

RIDE
December 23, 2012, 12:40 AM
Unfortunaltey $300 is out of my budget due to raising a young family and Christmas, I am proud to say I did just become a one year member.

Great job SpentCasing!!!!!

Kudo's to all that are joining in any way and staying in the fight.

TEAM101
December 23, 2012, 12:46 AM
Does anyone know if I can apply what I already paid in dues toward the LT membership or do I lose it?

Colonel
December 23, 2012, 08:37 AM
They state that every school should have a police officer, which is well and good but who pays for it? Schools don't have the money now to educate students but they're supposed to pay $50,000+ a year for an officer?

First of all, the NRA is encouraging volunteers to give their time to do this. I'm sure there are a LOT of retired police and military who would donate their time to protect schools if given the chance.

Second, even if ZERO volunteers stepped up to the plate and it cost $6.8 billion to put a cop in every school – as anti-gun politicians and the media claim, which I doubt – do you really believe that protecting our kids in our schools isn't "worth" ONE HALF OF ONE PERCENT OF THE $1 TRILLION DEFICIT OBAMA RACKED UP LAST YEAR ALONE?

If so, I would say your priorities are a bit out of whack.

mhenry
December 23, 2012, 09:31 AM
I have my $300 ready. Can someone sponsor me?

JFtheGR8
December 23, 2012, 03:55 PM
It sounds like a good plan and 2 weeks ago, I would have considered it.

It's nearly impossible to ignore the 400 pound gorilla in the room. Make it a 600 pound gorilla breathing down your neck and try to not notice. That's how membership in the nra works.

Posted from Thehighroad.org App for Android

pezo
December 23, 2012, 11:04 PM
Not supporting the NRA now despite the fact you may not totally agree with everything they say is not going to help the core issue of defending your 2nd lamendment rights. The bottom line is the NRA supports your right to self defense and fire arms ownership. You cannot argue that. Please help to maintain our freedom.

kalel33
December 24, 2012, 01:03 AM
Second, even if ZERO volunteers stepped up to the plate and it cost $6.8 billion to put a cop in every school – as anti-gun politicians and the media claim, which I doubt – do you really believe that protecting our kids in our schools isn't "worth" ONE HALF OF ONE PERCENT OF THE $1 TRILLION DEFICIT OBAMA RACKED UP LAST YEAR ALONE?

If so, I would say your priorities are a bit out of whack.

They don't even pony up the money to actually educate the children properly, yet they have bodyguard money? Since it's so easy to get this money then they need to go ahead and triple the money and run schools properly, instead of on a shoe string budget.

Fryerpower
December 24, 2012, 01:35 AM
Ok, I've looked and cannot find anything on the website about how I sponsor someone.

Anyone have a link?

-Jim
Lifetime NRA member

Torghn
December 26, 2012, 08:19 PM
The easiest way is with: https://www.nra-2013.org/
From there I was able to give gift life time memberships for $300, and annual for $20. I was also able to upgrade to endowment member for $250.

I've read that you can also sign up over the phone at 1-877-nra-2000. You'll need a life members member number, name, and zip code to get get a $300 membership

WSM MAGNUM
December 26, 2012, 09:15 PM
rduchateau2954 says;

I truly do not mean anything by this comment, but isn't the whole point of being a member to help financially support the NRA? You life time guys, do you make it a point to donate on a regular basis?

The NRA does not use it`s member dues for ILA expenses. So your annual renewal does not contribute any money for for fighting legislative battles. Nor does a lifetime membership. Membership dues do help in other NRA programs, but not legislative battles.
Donations to the ILA is where the support really helps.

r1derbike
December 27, 2012, 02:36 AM
What monies does the NRA use for its ILA expenses? Firearms manufacturers' lobby money, gifts, and donations?

Is this truly enough to sustain them in this, our 11th hour?

What is the official word from the NRA on how to combat this insanity, and if it will be effective? We need information now about turncoat right-wing representatives, and whether the battle is already over, at present, with the numbers game on the hill.

TyGuy
December 27, 2012, 03:26 AM
Welcome! I became on back in April.

stickhauler
December 27, 2012, 05:00 AM
They don't even pony up the money to actually educate the children properly, yet they have bodyguard money? Since it's so easy to get this money then they need to go ahead and triple the money and run schools properly, instead of on a shoe string budget.

That's funny! Our local newspaper regularly runs charts showing the dollar amount spent per pupil in local school districts versus the quality of education the districts show. For some odd reason, my city schools (Dayton, Ohio) spends near double the amount per pupil as some local districts, but the quality of education of the DPS district ranks near lowest in the state. The same trend goes for the public school districts of near all the major urban areas of Ohio.

Seems throwing more money at a problem does not always fix it!

As for the comment that the discounted Life Membership fee likely would be better spent on "pre-ban" firearms and accessories, yeah, maybe. But if we stand together and fight, MAYBE there won't be a ban in the first place.

Sadly, that's an all too common thing in the shooting community. Some will give of their time and talent to retain our rights. Some will do so on an irregular basis. And too damned many will do nothing, expecting others to carry their share of the fight.

Have you ever thought that attitude might be how we've gotten here? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem just as much as the anti-gun advocate. Because if you're not out there yelling just as loudly as some of us are, the anti's believe you just don't really care!

I'll not demand you support the NRA, but for God's sake, do something! Get some "skin in the game", before it's too late! Because if any bans do come down, I assure you, there's gonna be gun owners, too lazy or cheap to do something, stand back and claim the NRA didn't stop this!

Green Lantern
December 27, 2012, 11:04 AM
The NRA does not use it`s member dues for ILA expenses. So your annual renewal does not contribute any money for for fighting legislative battles. Nor does a lifetime membership. Membership dues do help in other NRA programs, but not legislative battles.
Donations to the ILA is where the support really helps.

Good to know! I just made the call this morning, also donated some extra to the ILA and for the School Shield program.

Miata Mike
December 27, 2012, 03:55 PM
I would like to be a life member for $300 also. I would rather not call and talk to them however if I don't have to.

Torghn
December 27, 2012, 04:11 PM
I would like to be a life member for $300 also. I would rather not call and talk to them however if I don't have to.
If you're already a member and want to upgrade I think you have to do it over the phone.

If you're not a current NRA member, a life member can give you a gift membership via https://www.nra-2013.org. I'll be happy to do this for you, but you'll have to send me the $300. In the end, it's probably easier to call.

plodder
December 27, 2012, 04:19 PM
Even though I still had 4 years left on my 5 year membership, I did the lifetime today. Thanks!

mike.h
December 27, 2012, 06:05 PM
Yep, just upgraded to Life membership thanks to a member on THR.

Green Lantern
December 27, 2012, 09:35 PM
By the way, how long does the membership take to process? There's a guy at work that might be interested in updating, didn't know how long until I could sponsor him if he decides to go for it.

Narwhal
December 28, 2012, 03:11 AM
Also, Since I got the lifetime membership for $300, I used the $700 I saved to donate $100 to the school security fund and $600 to the NRA-ILA. I would highly recommend anyone who gets the $300 lifetime membership to consider using some or all of the money they saved to donate to the NRA-ILA. They are probably our best hope to fight off anti-second amendment legislation in the coming months. As I understand it, regular membership dues don't go to the ILA.

Green Lantern
December 28, 2012, 08:43 AM
regular membership dues don't go to the ILA

Correct!

I wish I could have given more than I did, but I also donated some $$$ to the ILA, and to the School Shield program.

Sav .250
December 28, 2012, 09:09 AM
As gun owners, we all should members of the NRA. There are times we all might not agree on something but united we stand, divided we fall.

kurt1970
December 28, 2012, 03:35 PM
Hi is there anyone who could sponsor me for a lifetime membership?
Kurt.

Beaver644
January 1, 2013, 06:05 PM
Hello,
Can anyone sponsor me for the $300.00 membership. My email is beaver375@cox.net
Thanks

miamivicedade
January 1, 2013, 06:11 PM
If anyone can sponsor me also, that would be fantastic. PM me if possible. Thank you.

USNGM2sw
January 3, 2013, 11:16 PM
I am also looking for a sponsor. I'm new to this forum, but I'm active duty Navy with a "Life of Duty" NRA membership as well as a Handgun/Shotgun Instructor certification. If anyone is willing to help me out, please send me a PM.

JoeDorn
January 4, 2013, 12:08 AM

I became a NRA member after a free offer included with a Taurus I purchased, then became an annual member and last year became a Life Member, this year I will move up another level, I forget what its called at the moment... After that we will see.

Overall that's quite a few dollars over three or four years from a retired fixed income person. Usually people that buy into the higher levels will continue to support the cause with actions and money...

I also became a life member of GOA last month...

JoeDorn
January 4, 2013, 12:22 AM
If you're already a member and want to upgrade I think you have to do it over the phone.

If you're not a current NRA member, a life member can give you a gift membership via https://www.nra-2013.org. I'll be happy to do this for you, but you'll have to send me the $300. In the end, it's probably easier to call.

If you wish to sponsor someone and you are a Life Member, all you have to do is give them your member number and zip code if I recall correctly. they can then use their credit card or other payment method to complete the transaction.

I don't recall the exact details but my son and I went through this last year... And no you do not have to be a family member for most of the reduced offerings.

edgartwib
January 7, 2013, 05:53 PM
I am in search of a NRA life member to sponsor me. I can just call the NRA and put it on my card once I have the proper info.
Thanks
Ed

rookorami
January 8, 2013, 09:29 PM
Wish I had the disposable income at this point. I went ahead and did a year membership for the time being and when the paycheck comes I will be putting in a donation.

dunesguy
February 1, 2013, 09:16 PM
I just called this number to change my NRA annual membership to a Lifetime Membership for $300, with no need for a sponsor or anything else...they just wanted my credit card number: 1-888-678-7894. I spoke to a person at the regular NRA membership site who said it was his understanding that the $300 price should have expired at the end of January, but so long as the internet ads were still out there, they would be honored, but only by calling this number or another that specifically speaks about the $300. I also saw on another site's forum that the NRA might keep the deal going until the end of February. I'm sure it's so the NRA can boast about bigger membership numbers and point at how many people have joined since Obama got reelected. Anyway, there it is. Good luck, but don't delay too long.

45bthompson
February 3, 2013, 12:59 AM
If your a disabled vet or over 65 years old you can get a distinguished life membership for $375. I just upgraded mine. You can even choose the easy payment plan.

hso
February 3, 2013, 08:58 AM
This is where money needs to go to fight this battle. http://www.nraila.org

If you want to bolster NRA's membership numbers (as said, an 800-lb gorilla is even more impressive than a 600-lb gorilla) just use the 1 Year Associate Membership - $10.00 (no magazine) under Other Membership (https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp#) in the middle tab and add to the body of the NRA. Anyone that shoots (or just buys soda) can afford $10 to bulk up the numbers. Heck, for $10 for Associate and $15 for Junior I signed my entire family up for less than the price of a night out at the movies.

Remember that the growth in membership is as important as the the total numbers of members. This growth is particularly useful to point out to fence sitters and slightly anti politicians look at reelection.

Green Lantern
February 3, 2013, 05:39 PM
hso, thanks for that link, that (the Associate Memberships) is just what I've been looking for!

Carolina_gunner
February 4, 2013, 12:25 AM
Is this deal still going on?

Jim K
February 4, 2013, 01:07 AM
The NRA, like other organizations (e.g., the NAACP) has divided itself into an educational branch and a lobbying branch. That is for tax purposes both for the organization and the donor and so only the lobbying part, the ILA, has to register as a lobby and report its fund raising and expenses.

So contribute to the ILA and help elect friendly legislators. But in the long run, it is the votes and the letters of four million NRA members that will really make a difference.

I saw a blog the other day that demanded the arrest of all NRA members, saying that a couple of hundred people can't be "allowed to stand in the way of a total ban on guns". That person may have been an idiot, but believe me Congressmen and Senators know all about those four million voters and their families and friends.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "I just became an NRA Life Member.. YOUR TURN (HUGE DISCOUNT!!!)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!