Need advice for sights on AR 15

PDA

Blues Brother
December 20, 2012, 06:09 PM
Hello, thanks to all for their advice on my help for an AR 15. I did buy one and I need some help picking out sights. I would like to have open sights for it, but wouldnt mind an option of having some type of illuminated sight as an option too. are their any sight combinations that would incorporate open sights and some type of illuminated sight (laser preferred)??

thanks in advance for any input! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Need advice for sights on AR 15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Carne Frio
December 20, 2012, 09:58 PM
What type of sights are on it now ?
What is going to be your main use for the gun ?
How much do you want to spend ?

Grumpa72
December 21, 2012, 11:14 AM
I put this on my AR http://www.eotech-inc.com/products/sights/512 and love it. My wife, who has limited shooting experience and zero rifle experience, put 20 rounds through a 6 inch circle at 50 yards on her first try. These sights open up your shooting experience because your situational awareness goes up (both eyes are open) and your shooting quality goes up. The other huge benefit to this type of sight is that getting back on target is a snap. Put the red dot there and squeeze the trigger. Instantaneous, imo.

Look at the low end Eotechs like the 516 and 512 and you can often find them gently used, which is what I did.

Carne Frio
December 21, 2012, 02:36 PM
Like Grumpa, I have a 512 mounted on my Colt 6920.
I use the Magpul flip up rear sight and the standard AR
front sight; it achieves a true cowitness.:D

rcmodel
December 21, 2012, 02:49 PM
A lazer on a rifle is worthless outside of room distance.
And you don't need it there either.

At longer range, you can't see the laser in daylight.
And the bullets path / trajectory only crosses the laser beam at two places in its travel to the target.

Buy a quality red-dot or holosight and be done with it once & for all.

rc

If you enjoyed reading about "Need advice for sights on AR 15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!