What's with this particular thread?

PDA

ApacheCoTodd
December 20, 2012, 08:03 PM
This thread and only this thread first came up with a "certification warning" then won't open at all as Safari says there are "too many redirects" associated with the page.

Any ideas?

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=690336

It's a thread on which of two AR10 magazine types a fella should keep.

If you enjoyed reading about "What's with this particular thread?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ole farmerbuck
December 20, 2012, 08:04 PM
Works fine for me.

rcmodel
December 20, 2012, 08:22 PM
I just got hit with two security certificate warnings 5 minutes ago while refreshing between posts in two different threads..

rc

ApacheCoTodd
December 20, 2012, 08:25 PM
Interesting - now it goes right through. I've never received a certificate warning on THR before so thought it might be something at my en. Thanks RC.

Apachedriver
December 20, 2012, 08:49 PM
I've been getting those same exact msgs as the OP over the last 1.5 hours. I've also gotten invalid certificate, expired certificate and requests to redirect me. At least 4x it's also told me that it can't load the page because it can't be found. After 5 or six tries, I empty the history and then it works again for just a bit.

1st time in 5 years I've ever seen that come up.

ole farmerbuck
December 20, 2012, 09:09 PM
Yea, getting strange warnings too. Hmmm

Derek Zeanah
December 20, 2012, 09:20 PM
Looking at it. I still think it's a cache issue though...

ApacheCoTodd
December 20, 2012, 10:28 PM
I doubt that it'll be a volume issue as I seem to remember getting very specific busy server messages in the past

Maybe it's just my conspiracy fever acting up.

Still 1,700 posts and probably 100 times that in post reads and I've never seen these messages before.

We got a lot of this weirdness on a motorcycle forum and the administrator eventually tracked it to some nefarious individuals in someplace like the Ukraine.

powell&hyde
December 20, 2012, 11:26 PM
Looking at it. I still think it's a cache issue though...
Yesterday morning I posted about a rogue sever security certificate installed in FF in a different thread under tech support for THR. Like I said in the post, I was immediately redirected to another site and I shut down the browser immediately and locked the firewall.

Open up settings in FF and found a bogus certificate that was never there before, upon viewing this certificate, the date issued was 12/19/20012 (yesterday). I deleted it, shut down FF and restarted it and the certificate was gone. THR then loaded normally.

I have no clue as to who issued the certificate as I don't read foreign languages and symbols and do keep a lists of certificates after the DigNotar certificate bs a few years back.

Derek Zeanah
December 21, 2012, 12:11 AM
Is it working now?

powell&hyde
December 21, 2012, 12:30 AM
Yes, after restarting FF upon deleting the rogue certificate I have had no problems since. I also checked out chrome's certificates and they were ok with no bogus certificate installed. If it happens again with FF, I'll change the validation to force check the certificate and if it's not written to communicate with a CA sever then that certificate will be marked invalid.

If you enjoyed reading about "What's with this particular thread?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!