Value of Colt Official Police in .38 S&W?

PDA

DavidB2
December 21, 2012, 12:05 AM
What is the value of a Colt Official police revolver in .38 S&W? 5 inch barrel and serial #12630. It is marked .38-200 on the barrel and may have British proof marks. Thanks for your insights.

If you enjoyed reading about "Value of Colt Official Police in .38 S&W?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DavidB2
December 21, 2012, 06:27 AM
Correction. I found the serial # of 668-991. I believe that it is a lend lease gun. I am thinking of trading it for a Remington R-1 1911 along with another used pistol. Just wondered if I could get more than $200.00 of value for it. I has scratches; but no rust and shoots great. The ammo is just hard to find.

smkummer
December 21, 2012, 07:56 AM
You may try posting it on the Colt forum and or castboolits.gunloads. Some of these revolvers were later converted to 38 special.

If you enjoyed reading about "Value of Colt Official Police in .38 S&W?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!