Found a site that sells 30 rnd PMAGS

PDA

armysniper
December 22, 2012, 06:46 PM
I came across a site that has 30 rnd PMAGS in stock.

<link removed by taliv for shilling>

If you enjoyed reading about "Found a site that sells 30 rnd PMAGS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Superpsy
December 22, 2012, 07:33 PM
Thanks!

Captains1911
December 22, 2012, 08:01 PM
Thanks, but that's double what they should cost, pass.

nathan
December 22, 2012, 08:02 PM
Better take some before they are gone.

armysniper
December 22, 2012, 08:18 PM
I ordered a few. They are higher price, but I literally cannot find them anywhere. I have ordered the survival bracelets from these guys in the past. Their shipping time was decent. It took about a week. They also sometimes carry 5.56 ammunition. My friend ordered the 62 grain stuff from them about a month ago before all this crazy stuff.

shuvelrider
December 22, 2012, 08:24 PM
Over on MGO site, there are some people asking 60-90 apiece for Pmags. A profit is one thing but that seems a bit excessive to fellow enthusiasts. Considering I got home recently from Bagram, where I bought some Pmags for $11 each at the PX. Of course that was a bit before all this hysteria.

CoRoMo
December 22, 2012, 09:00 PM
Gunbroker is still not entirely priced at $25 per mag like that site is doing.

Just last night, this guy bought 10 Pmags for $215.85 delivered: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=323090068

That's $21.59 each out the door.

That same seller is STILL offering the foliage green mag WITH ranger plate for only $17.95 each.

Look around guys, there are still better deals to be had.

armysniper
December 23, 2012, 03:17 AM
It looks like they listed more magazines from different brands. I wished I would have seen they have the Troy battle pack. I like those better than P Mags. But they also have aluminum mags for cheaper.

MachIVshooter
December 23, 2012, 07:10 PM
Better hope you get what you've paid for; that site is gone now!

Be careful of scams. There's a lot of it going around right now, people trying to take advantage of those who are desperate.

CoRoMo
December 23, 2012, 08:41 PM
That page looks gone, but the site it still up: www.tacsupplychain.com

nathan
December 23, 2012, 09:09 PM
Beware of internet scams , folks!! They are lurking out there baiting on the unsuspecting and desperate buyers ! They are fishing tell ya.... Check on your credit card companies if they already charged the items on your card and what company they are . Better be on your guard. Its christmas and with the panic buying these things do happen.

sixgunner455
December 23, 2012, 09:33 PM
Better take some before they are gone.

Why?

Besides the scam issue, I just don't see the point to paying ridiculous prices on these magazines.

The only possible reason I can conceive of to participate in this feeding frenzy is if you had no mags before. I confess to buying 2 20rd aluminum mags the other day, but I only paid $15 each, and I'd been looking for them before the panic. If they'd been more money, I probably would have let them go.

dcarch
December 24, 2012, 04:51 PM
Buddy of mine got them for $10 a piece last gun show we were at. Seems kinda crazy now.

eajonesyk2
December 26, 2012, 01:17 PM
Has anybody ordered and received products from tacsupplychain.com besides the member "armysniper"?

KC.45
December 26, 2012, 01:31 PM
I ordered some p mags from that website on the 23rd and received an invoice in my email but have heard nothing else. I hope I didn't get scammed.

eajonesyk2
December 26, 2012, 02:11 PM
KC45, I ordered 5 mags on the 23rd as well. My concern is that after ordering I discovered that the paypal provided email address of the seller tacsupplychain.com is associated with a Florida Guntrader member "armysniper" See link: http://floridaguntrader.com/xcv987dfv98xu98cv89f89/profile.php?3,19890

Since The High Road member "armysniper" brought up this tacsupplychain.com outfit I was concerned that it wasn't a coincidence. Also I noticed that the THR member "armysniper" has sold at least one item on Florida Guntrader. See link: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=8508745#post8508745

Hopefully this is all a coincidence and I have PM'ed "armysniper" to verify whether or not he/she has any onwership or employee affiliation with the tacsupplychain.com business. I have also emailed tacsupplychain.com to check status.

Just hoping to hear from some others that have received product from tacsupplychain.com.

jrdolall
December 26, 2012, 02:32 PM
Be sure and use a Credit Card for these purchases and not a debit card or any actual money. You can always challenge a credit card transaction and I have never lost a challenge in the few times I have used them.

eajonesyk2
December 26, 2012, 02:41 PM
jrdolall,

I did use a credit card so in the worst case the CC company will likely take care of me but I am reluctant to order from another source until I have a good idea where my order stands with tacsupplychain. $25 each was high to me but there isn't much to choose from right now. Unfortunately I live in a state that will be taking up a hi capacity mag ban in February. The November elections gave the Democrats majorities in both houses so a ban is likely to pass.:(

KC.45
December 26, 2012, 02:47 PM
Well crap. I used a debit card. I'm not feeling too good about my decision to buy from that website.

eajonesyk2
December 26, 2012, 02:55 PM
KC.45

I am holding out that things will work out but even though you used your debit card you may be able to get relief from paypal if the mags are not delivered.

I would love to hear from "armysniper" if you are out there?

dcarch
December 26, 2012, 03:16 PM
eajonesyk2, brilliant piece of investigative work there. Yeah, it does seem like a bit of a "coincidence."
ADDED: When you google TacSupplyChain, a list of products comes up, including the Troy Battle Mags, all of which no longer exist as products on the website. The TacSupplyChain About Us page (http://www.tacsupplychain.com/about-us) also gives NO specific information about their location, or any contact info other than a "Contact Us" email form on another page. Definitely smells fishy.

Bobson
December 26, 2012, 03:26 PM
Those of you who attempted to purchase, please keep this thread updated.

dcarch
December 26, 2012, 03:40 PM
Added info: Apparently, "armysniper" is from the Daytona Beach area. If we combine "Manuel N. Perez" and "Daytona Beach" in google, however, we get THIS: http://nsbnews.net/content/408288-former-oak-hill-cop-manuel-perez-arrested-after-fight-wife-their-ormond-beach-home-ov
http://nsbnews.net/content/406164-suspended-oak-hill-sgt-manuel-perez-puts-city-notice-he-intends-sue-alleges-police-ch
http://cops.heraldtribune.com/Officer/Details/176606
http://www.nacole.org/daytona-beach-fl-suit-cop-turned-routine-traffic-stop-strip-s
Additionally, "armysniper" appears to be practically running a business on the Buy, Sell, and Trade page: (http://www.thehighroad.org/search.php?searchid=10972176)
as well as listing multiple times that he is from the "Daytona Bay Area" (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=8130057#post8130057)
or, more specifically, ORMOND BEACH! (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=8419259#post8419259)
Smells a little more than fishy, actually. :what:

tarakian
December 26, 2012, 03:46 PM
Here is the contact info from the domain registration. I show it as being created on Dec. 7th of this year.

Administrative Contact:
Perez, Manuel tacticalsupplychain@gmail.com
tacticalsupplychain@gmail.com
500 Shadow Lakes Blvd
Apt 114
Ormond Beach, Florida 32174
United States

eajonesyk2
December 26, 2012, 03:50 PM
I hope this isn't the guy running the tacsupplychain website. What a cluster.

mcdonl
December 26, 2012, 03:52 PM
I hate salsa too. Could it be a coincidence, the fact that someone with what (An lilly white guy from Maine) would consider a common name has a criminal record?

Suspicious buying and selling on THR and others... Yup. Seems pretty guilty but I think it may be pushing it to link this user to a criminal... yet...

dcarch
December 26, 2012, 03:57 PM
I'd like to know how many Manuel N. Perez's there are in Ormond Beach, Florida, though... Wikipedia says it only has 38,000 people... Now I'm from a town with more than twice that number of people, and I haven't encountered anyone with the exact same name as me in my town. :scrutiny:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ormond_Beach,_Florida

daytrip
December 26, 2012, 05:59 PM
I ordered some of the metal C mags. I talked to their customer service they said that they are taking orders for current stock. Nothing is back ordered yet.

<link removed by Robert for shilling>

nathan
December 26, 2012, 06:05 PM
Is this outfit legit?

eajonesyk2
December 26, 2012, 06:10 PM
Update:

I received a response today to my letter emailed to tacsupplychain. My letter is listed first followed by their response. I will let the forum know when/if they show up.

My letter (receipt number deleted for privacy):

I ordered some pmags on the 23rd and would like to know the status of that order. Paypal Receipt number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Also does anybody associated with your company use armysniper as an identity on message board forums?

Thanks Eric Jones

Tacsupplychain.com response:

Thank you for ordering from us. Your order was shipped today. Due to the high influx of orders all at once, today was the soonest we were able to begin shipping. We apologize for any inconvenience. We do not have anyone that is in our employ that occupies any forums. I hope this was able to satisfy your questions.

Warp
December 26, 2012, 06:10 PM
Is this outfit legit?

I think that, (far) more likely than not, the answer is no, and the OP is a shill/scammer/spammer

And this isn't his only account

eajonesyk2
December 26, 2012, 06:24 PM
mcdonl,

I agree we should not be judging anybody at this point but I believe there is some valid reasons to be a little suspect though.
I especially don't want THR "armysniper" to be labeled as guilty of anything. I see that armysniper has been a member since 2007 and would not want his membership tarnished because of some coincidences.

I signed up to the forum today so I could hear from more veteran members of the forum regarding their experiences with tacsupplychain.

I am hopeful that my transaction with tacsupplychain.com will work out just fine.

taliv
December 26, 2012, 06:27 PM
while i have no idea if the company is legit, "armysniper" and "daytrip" share the same IP address, and the latter had 6 posts, 3 of which were little more than links to this pmag offer.

both accounts have been suspended.

eajonesyk2
December 26, 2012, 06:29 PM
daytrip,

How did you speak with the tacsupplychain customer service? I could not find a phone number. None was provided in the paypal receipt, just an email address

eajonesyk2
December 26, 2012, 06:32 PM
nevermind to my last question. Same ip address. I am feeling like a real sucker.

Meathead
December 26, 2012, 07:34 PM
Trying to find out if this company is legit led me to this website. I ordered a 3 pack and am now feeling like a meathead! Any advice if I should wait and see if the mags show up or should I contact my credit card company or paypal and see what I can do to resolve it. Good news is I found a new forum to visit!

eajonesyk2
December 26, 2012, 07:46 PM
Hi Meathead,

Don't feel bad. You have company when it comes to people who ordered from this "company". I received an email today claiming my mags have shipped. I sent another email asking who they shipped with and if they could provide a tracking number. Haven't heard back in response to that letter. I am hopeful they will arrive but I will not be holding my breath. I am choosing to wait for a bit before I contact my credit card company. Not sure what you should do.

To the moderators. I hope you will let this post stay alive so we can see if others have ordered and what outcomes they've had. Thanks

Meathead
December 26, 2012, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the reply, Yeah I think I will give it a few days. I assume at least my credit card is safe since it was thru paypal but will keep a eye on it. Hopefully somebody will be able to post a success story from this deal. In the meanwhile there is some good reading on this forum.

taliv
December 26, 2012, 10:55 PM
yeah, i was planning to leave this thread open to see if your order arrives or not.

steve_dune
December 26, 2012, 11:16 PM
I hope everything works out for the guys who ordered.

dcarch
December 26, 2012, 11:20 PM
If this order does not arrive, what sort of legal possibilities/ramifications exist here for "armysniper"?

Bobson
December 27, 2012, 01:29 AM
Idk about armysniper or daytrip, but we have a physical address and apt number for Manuel Perez. Bank statements could be obtained with a warrant, and if those of you who ordered press charges, Manuel Perez could very realistically see a couple of years in prison for fraud. Dont let him get away with it, folks. If your product doesnt arrive, dont be arraid to contact LE in Ormond Beach, FL.

FIVETWOSEVEN
December 27, 2012, 01:58 AM
Anyone notice them using AIM Surplus stock photos?

dcarch
December 27, 2012, 11:50 AM
Make sure to take screenshots of the site, in case it "mysteriously" goes down in the next few days.

tarakian
December 27, 2012, 01:55 PM
The website has been wiped clean. I just went there to make a copy of the site and there are no products anymore.

Meathead
December 27, 2012, 02:35 PM
eajonesyk2, Did they ever get back to you with a shipping company or tracking #? Going to call my credit card company and paypal and let them know I believe that I ordered from a fradulent site. Does anybody believe I should go ahead with contacting law enforcement in that area or still wait to see if anybody that placed orders recieves their merchandise? Thanks

dcarch
December 27, 2012, 02:36 PM
Did anybody cache this site or take any screenpics of this?

Meathead
December 27, 2012, 02:37 PM
Was anybody able to obtain screen shots, would like to put a "packet" together for Florida Law Enforcement if it looks like I need to go that route.

nathan
December 27, 2012, 02:43 PM
Dang, fraudulent ads like this needed to be brought to light. Guys, dont let this one go away if ever its fraud. Im glad i ordered one from a local internet dealer in Texas although they too were backordered.

dcarch
December 27, 2012, 02:47 PM
I got multiple screenshots of the site, as well as his facebook pages, with listed products, as well as his twitter page, and another piece of info I can give you if you PM me. Don't want to post it on the page, in case it's still being watched by Mr. Perez.

Iramo94
December 27, 2012, 03:14 PM
I don't know about the updates here on a fraud investigation, but I would like to point out that down in Florida, Manny Perez is as common as John Smith up north. I would take criminal records with a grain of salt, as it might just be fake information. I hope everything turns out okay for the buyers.

Meathead
December 27, 2012, 04:19 PM
Gentleman and any Ladies that might have got taken by this company. I have put together some information with the help of another poster. I plan on contacting LE in FL tomorrow and hopefully opening a case concerning this. I have to work a double shift and wont be off till 8am tomorrow so it will be later tomorrow before I try to contact the PD or Sheriffs Office in that area. If I can get a case # or a detectives phone # or email would anybody else be interested in also giving them details on your transactions with this company. If he defrauded people for enough $ it might also add a felony grand theft charge on top of a fraud charge. I might get one chance to check the internet on my dinner break late tonight so if anyone else has the time to take the lead on this while I sleep for a few hours in the morning I would send this information to you and you could make initial contact with a LEO in FL. Minus my personal transaction which I would give the investigator myself as I suggest anyone else also does.

eajonesyk2
December 27, 2012, 05:10 PM
Doesn't look good, I never heard back with a response to my email asking for shipping and tracking info. It looks like I will be making a call to my credit card company. I will be happy to share any info I have with the authorities. Meathead, I appreciate you taking the lead on contacting the authorities. If they are interested in making a case out of this can you post the authorities contact info in the thread so whoever ordered from this bum can contact them.

This is very disappointing. This guy likely posted on other forums. This weekend I will search around and look for others that may have been screwed over by this outfit.

I would like to send out a big thank you to dcarch for his detective work and to Meathead for taking time out of his busy schedule to contact authorities. And thanks again taliv for keeping the thread open.

I wish we were talking about who has the better looking rifle or something besides this but I am glad we can collaborate and maybe get some justice.

eajonesyk2
December 27, 2012, 06:27 PM
I just got off the phone with some foreigners from paypal. Since my credit card was hooked up to my paypal account they will handle the dispute even though I didn't go through paypal to make the payment. They are giving Mr. Perez the benefit of the doubt. They are going to send him an email to get his side of the story before refunding me the money I paid him. Not sure what bs he might tell them but i have to give him and paypal until January 11th to work things out.

If paypal doesn't refund my money then I will contact the credit card company.

At this point the chances of the those mags showing up is about as good as my chances of hooking up with Charlize Theron (which is very low).

I would recommend that everyone who ordered from tacsupplychain try to contact the company or manuel.n.perez@gmail.com directly (paypal asked if i did that). I will assume you will not get any response so then you should call paypal or your credit card company or bank asap. If your debit card or credit card was hooked up to your paypal account I would try them first if not then call the credit card company or bank.

dcarch
December 27, 2012, 08:14 PM
Just as I thought, both of the tacsupplychain facebook pages have "mysteriously" vanished. Don't worry, Mr. Perez, if you're still monitoring this thread, we secured plenty of copies of that page before it slipped into the twilight zone.

dougy
December 27, 2012, 10:17 PM
Deleted personal information of another person in the thread.

See this post (http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=8602387&postcount=76) for rationale and details.

dougy
December 27, 2012, 10:22 PM
The only legal action you can take at this point is to open a dispute with your financial institutions. When you order something from a merchant you enter a civil agreement. Before any legal action can be taken, such as suing the suspected offender you must exhaust all avenues of attempts to work out your issues. Since this is a recent thing you are looking at months before you can proceed into any legal recourse. Many reasons can be given for you not recieving you merchandise at this point. One simply just has to say everything is on back order and that would extend this issue for a long time. You guys need to read the federal credit card acts. Law Enforcement will not touch this issue because it is a civil matter.

coolluke01
December 27, 2012, 10:38 PM
Good luck guys.
My wife had a purse stolen a while back. The banks and visa worked with us very well and got all of our money returned shortly.

In our case they caught the people about a year later when they were pulled over and had multiple drivers license, one was my wife's.

nathan
December 27, 2012, 10:47 PM
Hate to see this happened. Scammers surface their ugly heads in times like this. Even more during times of crisis like after a hurricane hit and what not. Let us be wary, order only from reputable companies from now on. If they dont have a contact number, then its red flag.

dcarch
December 27, 2012, 11:03 PM
dougy, where'd you get that info from? (removed)
The plot thickens... pardon me if I seem overly suspicious here, dougy, but it certainly seems weird that a new profile randomly shows up, and its' first action is to place the blame solidly on another, new player AND simultaneously convince the people scammed that they don't really have any chance to nail the original guy involved. If I was a betting man, I would place money on this "dougy" being the same person trying to stall for time while he covers his tracks. Sorry, but it seems a little to convenient for my tastes.
Nevertheless, this increasingly bizarre story certainly has given me something to do in my spare time. :D

dcarch
December 27, 2012, 11:47 PM
Additionally, the resident of (removed), (removed), is currently under court supervision for committing a hate crime in 2008. (removed) I certainly would find it difficult to believe that he's running a tactical supply store while he's under the supervision of parole officers. But then, that's just me.

FIVETWOSEVEN
December 27, 2012, 11:58 PM
In our case they caught the people about a year later when they were pulled over and had multiple drivers license, one was my wife's.

I think that's one of the most common way high profile criminals get caught.

dougy
December 28, 2012, 12:05 AM
I am suprised that THR has allowed this to run on as long as it has. Slander and Libel are a serious matter. Especially when they allow public posting of private information such as names and addresses along with allegations. From what I have seen on here, I can understand everyone's concern, but, and It is a BIG BUT, most of you to seem to have only placed an order with this company within the past week. Has anyone even asked for a refund from this company. And I say company because you cannot legally tie someones name to impropriety publicly without a legal opinion from a court. So again, strongly caution those who make accusations and the owners of THR of what information they allowed to be publicly posted.

For all we know, the guy had a death in the family, is in the hospital, ect.. which is causing his delay to respond to any requests made from his customers.

Legally you cannot just start posting accusations which will be associated with them forever on the internet.

As of this moment from what I have read on this matter, Manuel.N.Perez has more of a legal case against anyone here slandering and liable his name.

This being said, a year from now if someone on this message board successfully wins a legal battle in court over the funds possibly lost, they might be able to post something against the persons responsible publicly. But even then usually the judge orders all parties involved to keep the outcome of the case between the parties involved. It is usually part of the settlement agreement.

Moderator if you read this, I would strongly suggest you act accordingly about this string topic. You will be also liable for allowing the slanderous remarks to continue. You should redact all information that contains private names, addresses and such.

This is just my legal two cents. I do not care either way, but considered us all warned.

dcarch
December 28, 2012, 12:20 AM
But, dougy, the question still remains as to how and where you got Mr. Jones' name from. It is furthermore very suspicious that ALL of tacsupplychain's pages have mysteriously vanished.

Meathead
December 28, 2012, 12:20 AM
Mr. Dougy, since you threw out a name and address associated with this problem looks like you might get named in the lawsuit! Good luck buddy.

Warp
December 28, 2012, 12:22 AM
I am suprised that THR has allowed this to run on as long as it has. Slander and Libel are a serious matter. Especially when they allow public posting of private information such as names and addresses along with allegations. From what I have seen on here, I can understand everyone's concern, but, and It is a BIG BUT, most of you to seem to have only placed an order with this company within the past week. Has anyone even asked for a refund from this company. And I say company because you cannot legally tie someones name to impropriety publicly without a legal opinion from a court. So again, strongly caution those who make accusations and the owners of THR of what information they allowed to be publicly posted.

For all we know, the guy had a death in the family, is in the hospital, ect.. which is causing his delay to respond to any requests made from his customers.

Legally you cannot just start posting accusations which will be associated with them forever on the internet.

As of this moment from what I have read on this matter, Manuel.N.Perez has more of a legal case against anyone here slandering and liable his name.

This being said, a year from now if someone on this message board successfully wins a legal battle in court over the funds possibly lost, they might be able to post something against the persons responsible publicly. But even then usually the judge orders all parties involved to keep the outcome of the case between the parties involved. It is usually part of the settlement agreement.

Moderator if you read this, I would strongly suggest you act accordingly about this string topic. You will be also liable for allowing the slanderous remarks to continue. You should redact all information that contains private names, addresses and such.

This is just my legal two cents. I do not care either way, but considered us all warned.

You mean like they do in phonebooks?

FIVETWOSEVEN
December 28, 2012, 12:47 AM
Something seems really sketchy about Dougy...Just sayin :scrutiny:

dcarch
December 28, 2012, 12:55 AM
I know when I was a new member on THR, I didn't go looking to start a fight with multiple veteran members in my first... what, three posts?
(removed)

Warp
December 28, 2012, 01:20 AM
Something seems really sketchy about Dougy...Just sayin :scrutiny:

I think we all came to the same conclusion pretty much immediately. I don't think it even needs to be stated, it's just understood. ;)

primalmu
December 28, 2012, 08:01 AM
Can we get a mod to look at dougy's IP address and see if it is conveniently coming from FL?

tarakian
December 28, 2012, 09:24 AM
The domain registration has now been "conveniently" moved to a proxy service to hide the actual registrant, which is what I listed before. Just for Dougy: the name and address I posted was from publicly available domain registration data and therefore carries no expectation of privacy. The publishing of this information is not actionable in any way. Thank you for your concern.

Derek Zeanah
December 28, 2012, 09:49 AM
dougy shares an IP address with user EricJones, registered yesterday, not yet activated. The ip address resolves to Ormond Beach, Florida.

For what it's worth.

Derek Zeanah
December 28, 2012, 09:55 AM
I'll also say that armysniper, daytrip, and jwayne (and only those users) have used the ip address armysniper started this thread from, which appears to resolve to Marietta (outside Atlanta), GA. Daytrip and jwayne both registered from that address.

mcdonl
December 28, 2012, 10:00 AM
Wow.

Derek, I know it is not feasible but I am a member of another site (As popular in the fur trapping trade as THR is to firearms.....) and the owner of that site actually calls all new members and interviews them before letting them on the site. It may come to something like this.

Gun owners have anti's.... but as fur trappers... you have no idea...

eajonesyk2
December 28, 2012, 12:02 PM
Here is the latest news from my call to paypal and a copy of my letter I emailed directly to dougy, excuse me I mean manuel perez. After getting off the phone with paypal yesterday they sent me this email (i put x's in place of numbers for privacy)

If we contact you for more information, please respond within the
timeframe. If you do not respond within the timeframe, the case may be
closed and decided in the seller's favor.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details
-----------------------------------

Seller's Name: Manuel Perez
Seller's Email: manuel.n.perez@gmail.com
Seller's Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Transaction Date: Dec 23, 2012
Transaction Amount: -$xxx.xx USD
Invoice ID: ATQC-xxxxxxx
Your Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Case Number: PP-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Buyer's Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sincerely,
PayPal

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Help Center:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/helpweb?cmd=_help
Security Center:
https://www.paypal.com/us/security

This email was sent by an automated system, so if you reply, nobody will
see it. To get in touch with us, log in to your account and click "Contact
Us" at the bottom of any page.

Copyright 2012 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at
2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.

PayPal Email ID PP1027

A few hours later I got this, yeah

We have concluded our investigation into your claim.

Seller's Name: Manuel Perez
Seller's Email: manuel.n.perez@gmail.com
Seller's Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Transaction Date: Dec 23, 2012
Transaction Amount: -$xxx.xx USD
Invoice ID: ATQC-xxxxxxx
Your Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Case Number: PP-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Buyer's Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You have received a refund via PayPal in the amount of $xxx.xx USD.

Sincerely,

Protection Services Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

PPID PP639

So they told me they had to give the seller 10 days to respond, I am not sure why it was resolved so quickly. The money has not posted to my account yet but I will keep checking throughout the day. Stay tuned. The people I talked to sounded like they were from India and were hard to understand but evidently they understood me. I hope everybody else who ordered from tacsupplychain and didn't receive product will get a similar outcome. Below is a copy of the email I sent to manuel perez right after I called paypal.

I contacted paypal today and filed a claim for a refund related to an order I placed at tacsupplychain.com. The reason I filed a claim was due to the failure to provide shipping carrier info and tracking information for the product I ordered. It now appears the site has been shut down and all communications from tacsupplychain.com have ceased. I have communicated with others who have placed orders with tacsupplychain.com and have not recieved product or shipping info for the product they have ordered. I along with many others will participate in any criminal investigation in to tacsupplychain.com if one is initiated.

Sincerely.

Derek Zeanah
December 28, 2012, 12:06 PM
This is getting ridiculous.

So armysniper started this whole mess with the initial post. Someone did a whois on the domain and determined it was created this month and the administrative contact was:

Administrative Contact:
Perez, Manuel tacticalsupplychain@gmail.com
tacticalsupplychain@gmail.com
500 Shadow Lakes Blvd
Apt 114
Ormond Beach, Florida 32174
United States
3868469119That was posted. Someone searched for armysniper and found additional information that tied him to Mannuel Perez in Florida as well.

armysniper and a duplicate account he set up were uninvited from THR for shilling. Then dougy showed up yesterday and claimed that Eric Jones, one of the people participating in this thread, was the actual owner and posted his address.

Now, this address apparently didn't come from a whois search, so I'm assuming it came from the order that Eric placed with tacsupplychain.com. After all, dougy's IP address resolves to Ormond Beach, Florida -- same as the registered owner of the domain.

(dougy also apparently registered the "EricJones" username from the same Ormond Beach IP address yesterday. (The Eric participating earlier has an IP address that matches what was posted, in Oregon.) )

Right now the domain registration information for tacsupplychain.com has been taken private. Anyone interested should be able to subscribe to a domain registration history service for ~ $15 and verify who the actual owner is/was.

The best case is if the person behind this site either delivers the magazines in a timely manner, or refunds the money.

The fact that we haven't seen evidence that either one of these is happening is troubling to me.

For now I'm going to leave the dougy account active, though other moderators are welcome to override this decision. I'd like to see him step up and make things right.

I don't expect much, however.

jrdolall
December 28, 2012, 03:31 PM
Love it when a plan comes together. I hope everyone is able to resolve the issue and we all find that this is a legitimate enterprise. If not then I hope you at least get your money back.
Hopefully nobody wired them any money like the people did trying to buy puppies for Christmas. I know we are all pretty trusting people at heart but this newfangled gadget called "The internet" makes it pretty easy for crooks to hide their identity.

KC.45
December 28, 2012, 05:49 PM
I sent this guy some money as well for some mags that I'm guessing are not coming. Do I have any way to go about this issue with paypal if I do not have a paypal account and paid with a debit card?

CoRoMo
December 28, 2012, 05:52 PM
If you didn't pay with paypal, they won't be able to help you in any way.

Explain the situation to your bank. Ask them what can be done.

eajonesyk2
December 28, 2012, 06:17 PM
The reason paypal was able to help me was due to the fact that the credit card I used was connected to my paypal account.

I just checked and the money has not posted to my paypal account or credit card yet. I know sometimes it can take a day, two or three for charges to post to my credit card so I guess it will show up soon enough.

Even with a debit card purchase I think the bank may help you.

Has anybody else received any responses back from tacsupplychain or manuel perez?

At this point I would be shocked if anybody receives any product. If the mags do show up, I will publicly apologize to manuel perez but I am not holding my breath.

Revoliver
December 28, 2012, 06:23 PM
Wow, never really read this thread past the firsg couple posts a few days ago. This crazy, but I really love the help that THR and it's members are providing for each other! Here's another poster hoping that people don't get scammed or at least get justice.

Superpsy
December 28, 2012, 06:32 PM
Yikes, sorry guys. My original "thanks" post was thanking him for sharing. Didn't order through him. Glad I didn't now.:mad:

jrdolall
December 28, 2012, 06:51 PM
Your bank will be able to reverse the charges on the debit card but it will take longer than with a credit card. Since debit cards are effectively like using cash the the retailer gets their money faster whereas Visa can just reverse the charge from their account. Not sure exactly how it works but you should be able to get it back.

dcarch
December 28, 2012, 11:20 PM
If I bought mags from "tacsupplychain", I would personally pursue criminal charges with the local LEOs. We have more than enough info to get this guy, and if Mr. Perez does this once and "gets away", chances are he'll try it again under a different name, and perhaps scam more good people. Don't let him off the hook.

eajonesyk2
December 31, 2012, 12:48 AM
My refund from the tacsupply fiasco posted this evening. The description on my credit card account looked the same as the payment, so it appears to have come out of Mr Perez's account. I hope everyone else get's their refund in a timely manner.

In the future I will stick with the more well known companies.
I am still waiting on Thermold 20 rounders from another company. I emailed this outfit for an update and they said orders are taking up to 20 days to ship. I am not too worried since I have ordered from them before but I hope it doesn't take 20 days.

Good Luck everyone.

Byron_S
January 1, 2013, 03:47 PM
I ordered $25 PMAGs from tacsupplychain last week, as well. I don't know for certain it's a scam, but far too many red flags for me. I emailed Mr. Perez again last night and went ahead and filed a dispute with Paypal this afternoon. I got notice that a full refund had been issued within a half-hour. I paid with a credit card, FWIW. Good luck to all who bought.

Best Regards,
Byron

eajonesyk2
January 1, 2013, 06:02 PM
Byron S,

A 1/2 hour response from paypal, that was fast. I heard back with in a couple of hours. Either Mr Perez is being very cooperative or maybe they have had many complaints and flagged his acct in some way. Regardless I am glad to hear somebody else got their money back.

Has anybody else found a reputable source for pmags in stock for reasonable price ($25 or less)?

Captains1911
January 1, 2013, 06:40 PM
Byron S,

A 1/2 hour response from paypal, that was fast. I heard back with in a couple of hours. Either Mr Perez is being very cooperative or maybe they have had many complaints and flagged his acct in some way. Regardless I am glad to hear somebody else got their money back.

Has anybody else found a reputable source for pmags in stock for reasonable price ($25 or less)?
$25 is not a "reasonable price" for a pmag. Give it a break, relax, they will be back.

eajonesyk2
January 1, 2013, 06:52 PM
Captains1911,

I realize $25 is not a reasonable presandyhook price but I live in a state where a hi cap mag ban is very likely to be passed in February when our legislators return for business. I just ordered two (max allowed) Gen3 with window pmags from Midwayusa but the current backorder is 2/08/2012. The price was about $17 each plus shipping. So while everybody in the Red states can probably wait out the pmag shortage, I likely can not.

Captains1911
January 1, 2013, 07:25 PM
Captains1911,

I realize $25 is not a reasonable presandyhook price but I live in a state where a hi cap mag ban is very likely to be passed in February when our legislators return for business. I just ordered two (max allowed) Gen3 with window pmags from Midwayusa but the current backorder is 2/08/2012. The price was about $17 each plus shipping. So while everybody in the Red states can probably wait out the pmag shortage, I likely can not.
Panic at its best....

You do realize this mindest is the reason we have the mess we do right now, don't you?

If you really needed mags that badly you should have been better prepared.

eajonesyk2
January 1, 2013, 07:50 PM
Captains1911,

Your right I should have foreseen the sandyhook massacre and the pmag hysteria that has ensued. You do what you can, when you can with what you have.
I was able to buy the rifle and some USGI 30 rounder mags before the elections so worst case I can feed the gun as is. I was able to get an order in for some $5 each Thermold 20 rounders (post sandyhook ) which will work better for shooting off the sandbags at the range. I would classify the pmags as more of a desire rather then a need. It's just in my case that desire looks to have an expiration date in my state (sure I should have foreseen that too).

Robert
January 1, 2013, 09:07 PM
Glad to hear that people are getting their money back but this is done.

If you enjoyed reading about "Found a site that sells 30 rnd PMAGS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!