Dan Wesson/ High Standard

PDA

.270 Wby Mag
December 22, 2012, 07:55 PM
Hi this is my first post after lurking for a while :o but now I have some questions. there a High Standard .357 revolver on arms list for $300 and i might pick it up. But the only reason I'm interested is because it was made by Dan Wesson. I've wanted one but they are expensive so when I saw this I thought about it and if it was made by them then it's a great deal right? Can't tell if it's fixed or adjustable sights and haven't gotten a response yet but fixed would equal the Dan wesson 14 right? And last question is this a good price?
Thanks,
Colton

(Also posted on the Dan Wesson forums)

If you enjoyed reading about "Dan Wesson/ High Standard" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Japle
December 22, 2012, 08:34 PM
I have a DW/HS .357. Mine has the original "porkchop" barrel and fixed sights. I got the last 6" barrel in the world (at least it seemed that way at the time) to go with the 4" barrel on the gun.

They're good guns, but I wouldn't pay $300 for one. I paid $160 for mine in a pawn shop and another $85 for the 6" barrel. The older guns aren't as tough as the newer ones, but they're okay.

.270 Wby Mag
December 22, 2012, 08:47 PM
This looks like a "porkchop" barrel. I don't really care about strength as I'll shot mostly .38 ( actually looking for a model 10) as much as accuracy.

Thanks

hAkron
December 22, 2012, 11:23 PM
Dan Wessons have caught fire lately. It's not uncommon for a decent 15-2 to go upward of $450. I think you are looking at the same high standard I saw on gun broker. It appears to be a Model 14 pork chop style. $400 would be TOP dollar. After that its a question of how bad do you want it.

.270 Wby Mag
December 22, 2012, 11:29 PM
The one I'm looking at is on armslist for $300. Would you pick it up for that price?

icanthitabarn
December 23, 2012, 12:09 AM
These are very scarce guns, in good condition. $300 is a good price imo

hardluk1
December 23, 2012, 04:39 PM
nice looking one- http://www.gunsamerica.com/982892438/Guns/Pistols/High-Standard-Pistols/HIGH_STANDARD_357_MA.htm

You can see the sights clearly and with the pork chop shroad you are limited to only that barrel onless you get lucky. CZ and EWkarms shroads will not fit. Small parts will by ether along with a aftermarkt grips.

.270 Wby Mag
December 23, 2012, 09:27 PM
Yea he sold it...and never responded to my email :mad: even though I emailed him in less than one hour after he posted it. I'll keep looking for a S&W model 10 if I can find one for less than $400.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dan Wesson/ High Standard" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!