Why aren't FN pistols more popular?

PDA

breakingcontact
December 23, 2012, 11:27 PM
I really like the look and feel of the FNP series of pistols by FN.

I haven't shot any.

They don't seem terribly priced and I know it's a solid company.

Most guys seem to be into Glocks/XDs or M&Ps.

What's up with FN pistols?

If you enjoyed reading about "Why aren't FN pistols more popular?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
redfisher43
December 23, 2012, 11:37 PM
They're the Rodney Daingerfield of semi-automatic handguns. I have a FNP9 and it's an accurate smooth shooter. Priced well too.

Old Dog
December 23, 2012, 11:39 PM
I thought the same until I tried out the FNP-45. Not terribly ergonomic, mediocre in the accuracy department and pretty sorry trigger. Yep, nice high capacity in .45 ACP but pretty big and blocky. Average pistols. Yeah, the company is solid, but frankly, most of us are gonna go with more established makers, be it SA, S&W, or even (ugh) Glock ... There's just better offerings in polymer pistols, IMO ...

Bongo Boy
December 23, 2012, 11:48 PM
Possibly because they are DAO, I don't know. While I've seen ad copy stating 'low bore axis', they certainly don't appear to have a low bore axis and in fact to my eyeball, they appear to have a fairly tall bore axis comparable to SA XD/XDM guns and Sigs.

Now, while Smith & Wesson states their M&P line is 'double action', they are most certainly NOT double action guns and are as single action as any handgun ever made. Likewise with Glock--'safe action' is something of a hybrid, adding some striker cocking on trigger press. However, while they are not single action, they are only somewhat double action.

I don't know if this is the reason they are less popular than other brands, but my feeling is that full DAO guns are going to be limited in application, and especially popular for pocket and possibly BUG use, less so as a primary full size. Probably only somewhat more popular are the DA/SA guns (e.g. Sig).

Now, not to take away from your personal preferences, but I find the FN pistols (and the FNX's I've seen) to be particularly butt-ugly guns and a bit on the pricey side for butt-ugly guns. So, if aesthetics weren't important to me I'd likely go with a Glock--to get less of a DA feel, far lower bore axis and an unlimited supply of aftermarket crap. It could be my view is shared by more folks than those who like the FNs. I don't know.

It could also be that they are not as well-distributed in the states as the other brands.

I wouldn't let any of this speculation and opinion sway you from trying to find one to shoot, however. I'm confident they make a high quality firearm and you may actually want a DAO pistol. In my case, I actually wanted a small carry weapon and DAO was very acceptable and even attractive. I chose a Kahr to fit the bill. For a full-size carry or night-stand gun, however, I simply wouldn't choose the FN platform for all the reasons mentioned.

eldon519
December 23, 2012, 11:52 PM
FN is a HUGE maker of military weapons for the US and I imagine many other militaries around the world. Think of all the countries that used the FN FAL. I always get the impression that they don't make much effort regarding the civilian market in terms of advertising or coming out with tons of different product configurations. They do make lots of excellent weapons though.

Sam Cade
December 23, 2012, 11:59 PM
Yeah, the company is solid, but frankly, most of us are gonna go with more established makers

More established than F.N?

F.N is the largest supplier of small arms in the western world and has been around since 1889. I think that is pretty well established.

Old Dog
December 24, 2012, 12:33 AM
More established makers of polymer pistols, there, Sam Cade.

Sam Cade
December 24, 2012, 03:21 AM
More established makers of polymer pistols, there, Sam Cade.

FN has been making polymer framed pistols for what, 15 years now?

olderguns
December 24, 2012, 06:20 AM
I think it's just lack of publicity, every where you go gun stores/tv/ movies, you see mostly glocks ( by the way I am mostly a glock guy) so not bashing, and everyones heard of S&W, but FN you hardly see or hear about them except on gun forums..they need better PR people IMO...

jmr40
December 24, 2012, 06:53 AM
Possibly because they are DAO, I don't know.

If FN makes a DAO pistol I haven't seen one. They use an HK type safety or Sig type depending on the model. They are a traditional SA/DA design with a decocker. With some models the safety will lock the hammer back like a 1911 and can also be used as a decocker.

I've had a couple. I really like the design but mine were not accurate enough to suit me. I sold or traded them off for other guns.

JTQ
December 24, 2012, 09:20 AM
I think it is because people are trying to figure out what FN is selling this week. Is it the FNP, the FNX, or the FNS. Three different polymer pistols that, while similar, are not compatible with each other.

Message to FN, pick something and stick with it. Heck, you've been pretty successful with the Hi-Power.

balance 740
December 24, 2012, 09:29 AM
FN has been making polymer framed pistols for what, 15 years now?

...and every model has had design related issues that could stop function in the pistol.

JohnBT
December 24, 2012, 09:51 AM
"Is it the FNP, the FNX, or the FNS."

People seem to be smart enough to figure out the multiple Glock models and Gen 1 through Gen 4.

I've had an FNP-45 USG for 5 years and I still like it. It fits my XL hand, it's accurate and the trigger pull is okay. The USG means this model can be carried cocked and locked or used in standard DA/SA fashion.

I don't think it's quite as accurate as my Sig P-210-2 or my Sig TAC TB, but that's okay. ;)

I know 2 people who bought FNP-9's when the price dropped into the $300-$350 range and they're very satisfied.

John

2wheels
December 24, 2012, 09:54 AM
Don't like their DA/SA setup and hated the grips of the few I've handled.

There's a decent list of guns I'd choose before settling on any of FNs current offerings. Heck I'd probably take a Glock over their FNS, and I'm far from a Glock fan.

As for why they aren't more popular with other people, who knows.

jef2015
December 24, 2012, 10:22 AM
I like my FNP. The ambi controls make it great for lefties.

Definitely not DAO.

Skribs
December 24, 2012, 11:11 AM
Personally, I don't like DA/SA, and I believe that SFA pistols should come without a manual safety. FN believes that civilians need a manual safety, so they have a low-profile safety on the FNS for those that don't want it.

S&W makes two models of theirs, one with and one without a manual safety (well four if you factor in magazine disconnects). Glock and Springfield have no manual safety on theirs.

I don't know what the quality of FN is, but their attitude towards preemptively deciding what I need makes me not want to go with them. Pity...they have pretty much the only truely ambidextrous SFA pistol on the market.

Lennyjoe
December 24, 2012, 11:16 AM
Handled an FNP9 a couple of weeks ago and almost purchased it. I liked it better than the M&P models but no where near as much as my XD models.

The cost was $423 out the door (new) and after looking online, the price was rather well. The gun shop gives us military retiree's a good discount but since I can get Glocks at the same discount, I'll most likely go with Glock rather than FN.

To each his own I guess. Variety is the spice of life right?

PabloJ
December 24, 2012, 11:30 AM
I really like the look and feel of the FNP series of pistols by FN.

I haven't shot any.

They don't seem terribly priced and I know it's a solid company.

Most guys seem to be into Glocks/XDs or M&Ps.

What's up with FN pistols?
Try their beer and chocolates those are very good. I do not care for their handguns.

wally
December 24, 2012, 11:34 AM
Seems every minor variation requires different, scarce and overpriced mags. Like with HK, civilian sales are second class citizens.

Pilot
December 24, 2012, 11:34 AM
Well the Belgians certainly hit a home run with the Browning Hi Power, and FN FAL, so I guess they can make pretty darn good firearms. Both are still widely used worldwide.

I suspect their newer U.S. made polymer offerings are pretty darn good too, once they get more widely circulated and accepted.

PabloJ
December 24, 2012, 11:37 AM
Well the Belgians certainly hit a home run with the Browning Hi Power, and FN FAL, so I guess they can make pretty darn good firearms. Both are still widely used worldwide.

I suspect their newer U.S. made polymer offerings are pretty darn good too, once they get more widely circulated and accepted.
Well, their chocolates and beer is big notch above what we can make domestically.

460Kodiak
December 24, 2012, 11:38 AM
FN focusses on military contracts. Thus their marketing to civilians is not the best. FN is a great manufacturer that produces high quality products. Their capacity is high in all models, their ergos are generally considered great, though some certainly don't care for them, the guns are durable, and shoot straight. I love my FNP45. It is a hell of a lot of gun.

However, when you can get a M&P or a SA for $100 less, those well established companies become more attractive.

I think another problem is that there poly guns are just not as well known to new buyers. Ask any nongun owner what a Glock is or if they have heard of S&W and they will nod. Ask them about FN and they will give you a blank stare. They MAY recognize a HP, but probably couldn't tell you the model.

PabloJ
December 24, 2012, 11:44 AM
The FNMAG is very good if you have need for light machine gun. It does not pain me to say so but when someone thinks of hi-cap polymer .45Auto G21 immediately comes to mind. There is also G30 that can accept G21 mags as spare reloads.

Rubber_Duck
December 24, 2012, 12:03 PM
I like the newer FN handguns but one thing that I think really sinks them is magazine cost and availability. If they were adopted by more LE agencies they would be more 'out there,' much the same as Glock or the M&Ps are nowadays. I do absolutely love the Hi-Power and the FAL though, an excellent pair if there ever was any. I guess the modern equivalent would be an FNX-9 and a SCAR-17S. Just try finding mags for both of those.

JohnBT
December 24, 2012, 10:25 PM
"I don't know what the quality of FN is"

You must be new to guns. You've never heard of the Hi Power, the Auto-5, the Superposed, the M240, etc?

KenW.
December 24, 2012, 11:15 PM
Look for "Browning", and you'll find FN.

sawdeanz
December 24, 2012, 11:36 PM
I think they are getting more noticed, their tactical .45 made it in the latest call of duty game and I think it with a red dot and one of those slab sided silencers are sexy. Its like the new usp. I know I was looking at them for my first pistol, but it seems like da/sa and polymer just aren't all that popular (p07 and sig 2022 come to mind).

What I want to know is what is up with their pricing? Sure the fnp is reasonable but the the fiveseven s $1000+ and if u want the tactical .45 (threaded barrel and different sights) its a $400 premium.

gbw
December 25, 2012, 01:10 AM
FWIW, I have both the FNX-9 and a new Browning Hi Power.

I've been stunned by both -

The high quality of the FN FNX-9. Mine is a really excellent pistol (and came with 3 mags), one of the better deals I've come across over many many years.

The poor overall quality of the Hi Power which is a sorry gun in my book, especially for the cost, and a huge dissappointment. Certainly one my worst deals.

Texan Scott
December 25, 2012, 02:09 AM
FN is a military supplier that will sell opportunistically to civillians
They don't put a lot of effort into civilian marketing. Their pistols (with the exception of the hipower which was designed by a great American, and sadly overpriced due to lack of competition) are fine and serviceable, but in no way stand out as superior or more desirable for any reason. They're ... mediocre.

Pilot
December 25, 2012, 07:27 PM
The poor overall quality of the Hi Power which is a sorry gun in my book, especially for the cost, and a huge dissappointment. Certainly one my worst deals.

In my 35 years of gun ownership, I have NEVER seen a poor quality FN/Browning Hi Power. In what way does it display poor quality? Maybe some pictures would be helpful/

colorado_handgunner
December 25, 2012, 07:32 PM
Because they are so very expensive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

meanmrmustard
December 25, 2012, 08:09 PM
Totally unrelated, but I've a chance at a BARELY used, literally like new FNP9 for $475. GTG, or pass?

gearhead
December 25, 2012, 10:57 PM
Might be a tiny bit high. Some places (I think CDNN, for one) were blowing new ones out for less than that a couple of years ago when the FNX replaced the FNP. Still, if it fits you and it's in excellent condition that's probably not a bad price in today's market for a quality poly pistol with three mags.

gbw
December 26, 2012, 02:09 AM
In my 35 years of gun ownership, I have NEVER seen a poor quality FN/Browning Hi Power. In what way does it display poor quality? Maybe some pictures would be helpful/

Nor have I. I've owned several and still do, and perhaps other won't agree with me. This one is a new adjustable sight high polish version. From a distance it's an absolute beauty. BUt only at a distance.

I'll get some photos up later if anyone's really interested.

Worst trigger on any pistol I've ever shot, that would be several hundred. It breaks halfway, and then breaks again. Gritty, grinding, inconsistent, 15+# letoff. I did clean it well. The mainspring is by far the stiffist I've ever run across on any SA auto, not just other Hi Powers.

The barrel is something to see - I'm sure this is intententional, it is funnel cut completely around the chamber mouth, and I mean a huge funnel. Probably doesn't hurt anything but it sure isn't reasurring.

Front sight stripe off center. Bots sights installed off center, slightly.

Grips do not fit - hang off the back of the pistol. An interesting note - I've tried 3 other sets of HP grips from other pistols on this one, and none will fit it. Screw hole will not align.

My biggest gripe is the finish. This is a $1000 pistol. The metal was not properly prepared befor it was polished, left very rough and then some gorilla leaned on a buffing wheel in a cheap attempt to compensate. The pin holes are badly dished and smeared, there are no sharp crisp corners or edges, lines polished away or to waveiness, they are not straight, etc. Slide rails on the frame are polished round - literally. It looks like a $200 Chinese mess.

Comparing it to the Belgian FN of 1950's vintage or Belgian beer can versions I have, it's a sad sight and there is no comparison. Chicken salad and chicken doodoo. Both chicken for sure, but they aren't the same.

Accuracy poor compared to any other 9mm I own - 8-12" groups @ 25 yds from a good rest - partly due to the unshootable trigger, but not entirely. For reference, I can consistently do less than 1.5" with the 1911s, admittedly match fitted guns with extremely good triggers. The point is I don't think it's all me.

I should not have accepted the gun, ordered and delivered effeciently by Buds. I gave it a quick look and said OK, I was busy that day. And anyhow it's a Browning - who wouldda thunk it. My fault. The older guns are starting to show some wear so I thought I'd try a new one, and I do like how they've done the rear sight.

If you get a chance to look at a current version I think you'll be amazed.

In fairness, I've not contacted Browning yet although I intend to. And the gun may shoot in and settle to better accuracy. Reliability so far is good.

Perhaps some will think the polish gripe is superficial, and I understand that point of view, but I don't.

If I ever buy another Browning it will be an old version in mint condition, or the cheapest one they currently make in the hope that they don't polish it, and then polish it myself, or have someone else refinish it who knows what they are doing. Browning no longer does. End of rant.

The FN FNX-9 I have is as good as the old Brownings, in it's own way. It's a modern gun. It shows excellent fit, finish, accuracy, smooth operaton, complete reliability and it feels good. These guns are very light and some may be surprised at the recoil, which is high for a service sized (but not service weight) gun.

dubya450
December 26, 2012, 03:24 AM
Bongoboy, you're wrong. They're not DAO, they're da/sa and very ergonomic IMO. I own a gen 4 glock 21, HK usp45 tac and fn fnp-45 and between all three the FN is hands down the best of the three in fit and price. They all function great. Plus the FN hold two more rounds than the glock.
I also have a FiveseveN which is a great pistol, very flat shooting and low recoil. Although it might not be mine long as im thinking of taking advantage of the prices FiveseveN's are selling for right now. :)

meanmrmustard
December 26, 2012, 03:54 AM
Might be a tiny bit high. Some places (I think CDNN, for one) were blowing new ones out for less than that a couple of years ago when the FNX replaced the FNP. Still, if it fits you and it's in excellent condition that's probably not a bad price in today's market for a quality poly pistol with three mags.
Locally, it's a $660 gun after taxes. I'm not seeing many used, so I can't compare price.

Skribs
December 26, 2012, 10:48 AM
Fiveseven I believe is expensive because a reputable manufacturer making a 5.7x28mm pistol is pretty much exclusive to FN. I have a feeling that if more companies backed the round, like if we have a G40 in 5.7x28mm or a XDm 57, then the price of the FN gun would go down. I am ignoring the perceived or actual benefit of the round in this case, and just stating why the gun is expensive.

I like the way Wally said it. Their primary focus is military, secondary focus is LE, tertiary focus is civilians. If HK's memetic motto is "because you suck, and we hate you," then FNs motto to civilians is "if we don't think you need it, and you want it, you're wrong." I've seen letters that come back from their CS regarding things like selling a non-manual-safety model of the FNS to civilians, and it basically says that the customer doesn't know what he wants.

They might be good guns, but I'm going to go with a company that treats the customer better.

showmebob
December 26, 2012, 04:21 PM
My thought is that more people just haven't shot them yet.
I have the Fnx 40 and it's more accurate than my MP 9 Pro. No quality problems either. Also have shot the FNS and loved it.
Now I'll admit maybe I'm a little strange because I can't stand to handle a Glock

gearhead
December 26, 2012, 08:44 PM
Locally, it's a $660 gun after taxes. I'm not seeing many used, so I can't compare price.
The factory hasn't shipped any new FNP-9 pistols in two years. The 9 and .40 was replaced by the FNX line, the only FNP model still being produced is the .45, Bud's is showing out of stock on all the FNP-9 and FNP-40 models but they're showing a most recent price of around $400 on the listings. Those sound like FNX prices.

meanmrmustard
December 26, 2012, 09:05 PM
The factory hasn't shipped any new FNP-9 pistols in two years. The 9 and .40 was replaced by the FNX line, the only FNP model still being produced is the .45, Bud's is showing out of stock on all the FNP-9 and FNP-40 models but they're showing a most recent price of around $400 on the listings. Those sound like FNX prices.
Methinks you're right. Eff that.

CZ P07 it is.

HKGuns
December 27, 2012, 10:08 PM
I like my Five-Seven just fine.....other than that my HK's are better pistols.

JohnBT
December 28, 2012, 10:09 AM
"I should not have accepted the gun, ordered and delivered effeciently by Buds. I gave it a quick look and said OK"

I hope you saved a lot of money on the deal. I bought a MkIII 10 or 11 years ago and the trigger pull was 8.5# before I removed the mag safety and shot it a bunch and strengthened my trigger finger. It's a combat pistol with a combat trigger; it's highly accurate, but it's not a target pistol. Let us know what FN says about those 12" groups.

"They're not DAO, they're da/sa"

Fwiw, FN did make some FNP models in DAO.

PabloJ
December 28, 2012, 10:29 AM
More established than F.N?

F.N is the largest supplier of small arms in the western world and has been around since 1889. I think that is pretty well established.
It's very famous company. They made cars, motorcycles, assembled jet engines and perhaps even pots and pans. I can't think of any military from major world players carrying new FN pistol as sidearm.

balance 740
December 28, 2012, 11:31 PM
I can't think of any military from major world players carrying new FN pistol as sidearm.

Interestingly, not even the Belgium Federal Police.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/smith-wesson-s%26w-m-p-pistols/

gbw
December 29, 2012, 03:31 AM
I hope you saved a lot of money on the deal. I bought a MkIII 10 or 11 years ago and the trigger pull was 8.5# before I removed the mag safety and shot it a bunch and...

Huh?? Buying a new Hi Power ain't about saving money. I just like them, at least the older ones. In my rural area the locals cannot afford to stock them so one of them ordered it for me. Trigger pull is 15#++, very 'dirty'. Incredibly stiff mainspring. BTW, the mag safety need not add enough to matter to pull weight (unless there is a bad burr or something in the tube or tunnel, which I've never seen). It can add some roughness to the takeup & pull, easily polished away. I don't remove them.

Didn't mean to hijack, I'll quit about the HP now, maybe we can do a spearate thread if anyone's interested.

I still maintain the FNX-9 is a superior pistol. I'd guess armies etc. don't use it because of it's light wieght hence higher recoil. Their loss. To the poster that said the Sigs are 'better', objectively better how?

PabloJ
December 29, 2012, 06:50 AM
Totally unrelated, but I've a chance at a BARELY used, literally like new FNP9 for $475. GTG, or pass?
Pass.

PabloJ
December 29, 2012, 06:53 AM
Huh?? Buying a new Hi Power ain't about saving money. I just like them, at least the older ones. In my rural area the locals cannot afford to stock them so one of them ordered it for me. Trigger pull is 15#++, very 'dirty'. Incredibly stiff mainspring. BTW, the mag safety need not add enough to matter to pull weight (unless there is a bad burr or something in the tube or tunnel, which I've never seen). It can add some roughness to the takeup & pull, easily polished away. I don't remove them.

Didn't mean to hijack, I'll quit about the HP now, maybe we can do a spearate thread if anyone's interested.

I still maintain the FNX-9 is a superior pistol. I'd guess armies etc. don't use it because of it's light wieght hence higher recoil. Their loss. To the poster that said the Sigs are 'better', objectively better how?
Why bother with BHP? One can get stainless Gen III S&W for about $350 vs $550 to $600 for commercial BHP is same shape. What outdated technology is now worth more?

Pilot
December 29, 2012, 07:41 AM
My totally stock FN Browning Hi Power MKIII is my most accurate centerfire handgun. While the trigger may be a little heavy it has a clean, predictable break. I could lighten it by removing the mag disconnect and installing a lighter mainspring, but it is so good right now, I see no need, so I will keep it box stock.

Hi Powers can come with gritty triggers, often removing the mag disconnect will fix the issue. They are superb 9MM's, and still a relevant firearm in the world of polymer. It is ashame the politically correct now only want DA/SA or striker fired pistols they perceive as safer for their poorly trained personnel.

bikerbill
December 29, 2012, 09:15 AM
Always wanted a 5.7 ... wonder if they're still available?

powder
December 29, 2012, 11:01 AM
They are undervalued sleepers. Don't tell anyone. :D

7.62mm.ak47
December 29, 2012, 12:56 PM
I've had my FNP-9 since 2007 and still love it. It feels great, shoots well, and looks pretty cool. I've never had a single problem with it. It's also the easiest pistol to clean that I've ever owned. But I've heard it called "a Sig for less" and have to agree.

JohnBT
December 29, 2012, 05:06 PM
"What outdated technology is now worth more?"

The SIG P-210. I only have one so far. It's a nice gun for being over 40 years old. Most days I like it more than my Sig X-5 TAC TB and my BHP.

I know, I know, I could have had 5 Glocks for what I paid for my Swiss Army Pistol. :rolleyes:

John

PabloJ
December 29, 2012, 05:55 PM
"What outdated technology is now worth more?"

The SIG P-210. I only have one so far. It's a nice gun for being over 40 years old. Most days I like it more than my Sig X-5 TAC TB and my BHP.

I know, I know, I could have had 5 Glocks for what I paid for my Swiss Army Pistol. :rolleyes:

John
The SIG 210 is like box of Cuban cigars, Swiss watch with little gold crown on dial,.....luxury brand.
I learned from S&W forums revolvers 1980 to present (nice S&Ws stuck in Europe) that 210 was used by the Danish military. Heck I didn't even know Denmark had a military. Hitler took them in about 24 hours w/o shot being fired.

HOOfan_1
December 29, 2012, 07:02 PM
other than that my HK's are better pistols.

Some people are willing to pay 60% more.

Others are not willing to pay 60% more for a gun which they probably don't feel is 60% better....

If I had money to burn, I would already have both now. When I bought my FNP-40 it came down to that, the SIG P229 and the Hk USP. I thought the SIG had the best feel and fit and finish, I didn't like the ergonomics of the USP at all, I didn't like the look or decocker on the P30, and I didn't like the price on either Hk or the SIG. FNP was a good gun for much less money.

twofifty
December 29, 2012, 07:48 PM
The SIG 210 is like box of Cuban cigars, Swiss watch with little gold crown on dial,.....luxury brand.
I learned from S&W forums revolvers 1980 to present (nice S&Ws stuck in Europe) that 210 was used by the Danish military. Heck I didn't even know Denmark had a military. Hitler took them in about 24 hours w/o shot being fired.
Denmark is about 16,000 sq. miles, only slightly bigger than Connecticut. It is a flat and densely populated land - no mountains. At the time the Danes had no navy or airforce to speak of.

Maybe that explains why they quickly threw in the towel when faced with Nazi Germany's might.

DFM914
December 30, 2012, 11:30 AM
I don't know why there is even the least amount of negative feedback on FN's as they are some of the higher quality pistols in my opinion. I have Glocks, SIGS, and I still prefer my FNP9 over the rest. Quality built, reliable, smooth trigger and just feels great in my hand! Probably the best in accuracy as well.

gotime242
December 30, 2012, 12:26 PM
Ive had a FNP-9 for about 7 years now and I don't think ill ever get rid of it. In thousands of rounds it has never had ONE malf/issue of any sort. I love it.

http://oi51.tinypic.com/25tvpjo.jpg

Brockak47
December 30, 2012, 12:39 PM
I think it's just that they don't put lots of advertising and try to push their product as much as the other gun companies. I think that's because they don't really need to since they sell mainly to militaries across the world.

Never really had an FN, but I have no doubt in my mind that they excellent handguns and I'd trust my life to one if it came down to it.

Kiln
December 30, 2012, 05:47 PM
They are undervalued sleepers. Don't tell anyone. :D
Undervalued? :rolleyes:

JohnBT
December 30, 2012, 09:31 PM
"The SIG 210 is like box of Cuban cigars, Swiss watch with little gold crown on dial,.....luxury brand."

They are all examples of what you asked about, outdated technology that people will still pay more for because the products are worth it and a joy to use.

The P-210 wasn't put into use until 1949, so your WWII jokes about the Danish Army are, shall we say, pretty weak.

Maybe you shouldn't rely on the S&W forum for your history lessons. :)

John

If you enjoyed reading about "Why aren't FN pistols more popular?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!