If an AWB is instated.

PDA

sean eady
December 24, 2012, 10:16 AM
Got into firearms after the previous ban was lifted. What would happen if a new ban was put into place? Does it affect any of the rifles/magazines I currently own including SBR's or does it only affect rifles sold or purchased after the ban is in place?

If you enjoyed reading about "If an AWB is instated." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LNK
December 24, 2012, 10:30 AM
Since whatever is going to happen hasn't yet, you should just sit tight and wait. Calling or writing your congressmen and senators would be a good place to start though.

LNK

sean eady
December 24, 2012, 10:37 AM
understood , but I am still curious as to what happened when the last ban was put into place. Did it only affect sales from that date forward or did current owners have to do anything to the rifle they currently owned?

LNK
December 24, 2012, 10:44 AM
Since you're talking about the previous ban, the magazines you have are grandfathered in if purchased before the ban takes effect. From the time the ban was implemented, all firearms and magazines had to conform to the ban. As to what will happen this time around? Maybe nothing, maybe worse. Flip a coin. I have already contacted my Senators and congressman. We should all do this and ask them if they support a renewal of the previous ban. Also politely explain the reasons you are against it. Then state that you cannot in the future vote for a person who does support the "Bill of Rights", and will do all you can to spread the word to prevent their re-election. Politely!

LNK

Prince Yamato
December 24, 2012, 10:44 AM
The previous ban affected SBRs.

12Bravo20
December 24, 2012, 10:46 AM
When the last AWB went into effect, everything all ready in your possession before the law went into effect was grandfathered. That's why you use to see certain firearms listed as either pre or post ban.

sean eady
December 24, 2012, 10:59 AM
Thank you all for the information.

xXxplosive
December 24, 2012, 01:36 PM
We already have an AWB here in NJ.............this has to be the worst state in the country for gun laws and the Libs here don't think there's enough. We arlready have 15 round Mag. limits. a vast list of guns you can't own including sling shots and rubber band guns and strict limitations on hollow point ammo and NO CCL's....so....*** else could they do here.....really ?

If you enjoyed reading about "If an AWB is instated." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!