Glock 22 question

PDA

THe Dove
December 24, 2012, 12:03 PM
I have a 3rd generation 40 caliber Glock 22. I've shot thousands of rounds through this pistol and love it. Today I was cleaning it, and put it back together and exercised the slide and was about to conduct a function test and the guide rod broke at the end. Well, this caused the recoil spring to jam under the barrel something terrible. I finally got the slide removed again and will be ordering a replacement guide rod/recoil spring assymbly.

I am just currious if this is common with these types of pistols???

Also, should I replace it with a stainless steel or another plastic/poly rod?

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

The Dove

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 22 question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
M1key
December 24, 2012, 12:09 PM
Yes, the factory guide rods will break on RARE occasions. Many will still function, at least for a while. I like the Wolff recoil spring and steel guide rod in my G22.

M

ColtPythonElite
December 24, 2012, 12:17 PM
True, it is rare occassion....I, along with 60, or my closests friends carried Gen 3 G22's for 12 years. I don't recall ever seeing a guide rod break on the firing line. I do recall one or two breaking when someone ham handedly tried putting the gun back together and got it in a bind.

THe Dove
December 24, 2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks guy's.

I bet that's what I did ColtPython, and when it got in a bind it broke/snapped.

The Dove

ColtPythonElite
December 24, 2012, 12:24 PM
Don't sweat it...I did the very same thing the first day I was issued G22. We hadn't even fired a shot. We were getting classroom instruction on how to field strip. I bound mine up putting it back together and broke the rod....LOL.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 22 question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!