Browning safe question

PDA

Streamer 71
December 24, 2012, 03:44 PM
Hello and Merry Christmas to all,
I just purchased a new to me prosteel trimline safe in mint condition. I needed something to fasten into a small closet. I know its not firelined and probably paid to much at $400 but seems to be built better than anything else on the market of its size. Can anyone tell me when these safes were made as I see nothing on brownings websites.
Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning safe question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
a1abdj
December 24, 2012, 05:18 PM
Browning safes are built by ProSteel, which has been building gun safes since the beginning of gun safes. I believe they started sometime back in the 1980s.

If you need an exact date for whatever reason, you could probably call them with the serial number.

2nd 41
December 26, 2012, 07:21 PM
I prefer a safe that isn't fire lined. I'd rather have good steel and save some money.

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning safe question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!