Automatic Weapons States

PDA

345 DeSoto
December 25, 2012, 11:26 AM
I've searched all over but I can't find which States permit ownership of automatic weapons. I'm wondering if Florida does...

If you enjoyed reading about "Automatic Weapons States" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dprice3844444
December 25, 2012, 12:09 PM
florida yup

AlexanderA
December 25, 2012, 12:47 PM
According to http://atfmachinegun.com/Legal.aspx#MG map , they're allowed, to one degree or another, everywhere except CA, WA, IL, IA, NY, NJ, RI, HI, DE, and DC. I can't vouch for the accuracy of this. There are a lot of technicalities on the state level (for example, in Connecticut, full automatic is OK, but not selective fire).

Quiet
December 25, 2012, 12:59 PM

345 DeSoto
December 26, 2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks, guys...

hentown
January 4, 2013, 09:13 AM
IF you stay out of blue states, you're generally going to be o.k.

ZeSpectre
January 4, 2013, 09:16 AM
VA...HELL yes!

Carl N. Brown
January 4, 2013, 09:19 AM
Tennessee: if you have complied with federal regulations (Title II of the Gun Control, formerly known as the 1934 National Firearms Act) you are OK with Tennessee. It is my understanding though, if you are in violation and the feds don't prosecute for what ever reason, Tennessee will prosecute if you don't have a vaild Form 1 or Form 4 form registration and NFA tax stamp. Automatic weapons, short barrel rifles or shotguns, other NFA firearms are legal in Tennesse only if the owner is in compliance with federal law.

Seventhsword
January 4, 2013, 09:30 AM
Texas....

HarcyPervin
January 4, 2013, 10:36 AM
So MN can have machine guns, but not silencers? Special.

If you enjoyed reading about "Automatic Weapons States" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!