20mm Ownership

PDA

Mencius
December 26, 2012, 09:14 AM
What is necessary to own a 20mm rifle? Looks like I would have to register as a Class III dealer? I seem to find conflicting data all over the place. Also, would each round need to be registered as a destructive device as well?

I saw a place selling the bulk, "cheap" ammo for $10 a shot, so I definitely would not be shooting it too much even if I came up with the cash and such to get one...

If you enjoyed reading about "20mm Ownership" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sam1911
December 26, 2012, 09:23 AM
It would be a large-bore Destructive Device, and would have to be registered on a BATF Form 5320.4 ("Form 4") when it is to be transferred to you.

You don't need to become a "Class 03" licensee, unless you want to become a dealer who's occupation is selling Title II regulated firearms.

The ammunition is not individually registered unless it is explosive.

Saakee
December 26, 2012, 09:27 AM
buy it [if you live in 35/50 states], fill out nfa paperwork and send check, wait for it to clear, get stamp, take home rifle from dealership.
Training rounds are safe but explosive rounds are destructive devices [too, over 50 cal and the weapon is a destructive device] and require a stamp each. Your T-rex hunt will be a crap load of fun with some nice handrolled HP loads. Make sure you take some pics whilst on Isla Nubar.

If you enjoyed reading about "20mm Ownership" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!