Is CDNN going to fulfill my order?

PDA

stchman
December 26, 2012, 03:32 PM
I ordere 2 Mini 14 30 rounders and 2 BX-25 mags back on 12/16. I've heard ZERO from CDNN. Their number is always busy and the one time it did ring, no one picked up.

In contrast I ordered 3 Tapco 30 round AK mags from CTD and got them right away.

Anyone else having problems with CDNN?

FYI, they charged my CC back on 12/19.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is CDNN going to fulfill my order?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
December 26, 2012, 03:39 PM
In all my dealings with them, CDNN is a stand-up company run by stand-up people.

They, like every other gun business, has been simply over-whelmed by the crazy buying spree going on right now.

It got to the point the other day they had to shut down the website because of the back-log.
See this about that:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=690360&highlight=cdnn

If they have the magazines, you will get them shipped to you in the order your order was received I betcha.

rc

Sock Puppet
December 26, 2012, 03:55 PM
They've always treated me right in the past. Let us know how it turns out.

Old Fuff
December 26, 2012, 08:40 PM
I received an email from CDNN Sports on Saturday, Dec. 23rd saying they’d be open on Sunday, Dec. 24th and Monday, Dec. 25th and had a selection of AR15 and AK47 magazines for sale. Average price seemed to be around $30.

I’d presume they’d fill earlier orders first, but their operation must be a zoo right now.

OcelotZ3
December 26, 2012, 10:51 PM
I ordered a bunch of mags on 12/16, and I got a notice that they were behind, then I got a notice on the 24th that they shipped.

Hopefully you'll hear the same soon. It would heavily depend on what you ordered though.

December 26, 2012, 11:20 PM
I ordere 2 Mini 14 30 rounders and 2 BX-25 mags back on 12/16. I've heard ZERO from CDNN. Their number is always busy and the one time it did ring, no one picked up.

In contrast I ordered 3 Tapco 30 round AK mags from CTD and got them right away.

Anyone else having problems with CDNN?

FYI, they charged my CC back on 12/19.

Thanks.
Sounds like yours somehow fell through the crack, and then, with the current panic buying, it might have been buried somewhere. Sorry to hear.
CDNN has always shipped my orders quickly.

MachIVshooter
December 26, 2012, 11:23 PM
I received an email from CDNN Sports on Saturday, Dec. 23rd saying they’d be open on Sunday, Dec. 24th and Monday, Dec. 25th

Dated 2006?

hso
December 27, 2012, 12:40 AM
I've always had good service from them, but when the phones ring off the hook and the boss is trying to decide whether it is better to pull people off the phones to put them in the warehouse and shipping or pull people from the warehouse and shipping to answer the phones because of the increased volume of orders it can slow things down a bit.

Old Fuff
December 27, 2012, 09:43 AM
Dated 2006?

By this time into the holiday season I don't know what day it is...

Put it this way: They said they'd be open on the 23rd and 24th and take orders for remaining AR15 and AK47 magazines. If you want some you'd better get moving.

Now what day is this???? Who am I ???? :confused: :confused: :D

KevininPa
December 28, 2012, 08:45 AM
........good service from them. But then, I've never ordered during a panic.

Broken Anvil
December 28, 2012, 01:37 PM
I ordered my magazines the day after the school shootings. Got them a few days ago. CDNN has always been great to deal with, no problems ever. If you made the mistake of waiting.......shame on you.

meanmrmustard
December 28, 2012, 01:47 PM
In all my dealings with them, CDNN is a stand-up company run by stand-up people.

They, like every other gun business, has been simply over-whelmed by the crazy buying spree going on right now.

It got to the point the other day they had to shut down the website because of the back-log.
See this about that:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=690360&highlight=cdnn

If they have the magazines, you will get them shipped to you in the order your order was received I betcha.

rc
This is how J&G is doin it as well. I ordered a CAI Canik 55 Stingray C today, chrome, which was in stock. But, due to shipping being backed up, I'll have to wait up to two weeks to receive it.

Be patient.

CAR-AR
December 28, 2012, 05:06 PM
I ordered two mags on December 18th and I got a ship notice today (28th). Hang in there.

george12
December 30, 2012, 11:46 PM
I have done business with CDNN for a number of years and have always received prompt delivery of my purchases.

However, today I received an email from them indicating my order placed on the 16th was cancelled because my credit card was rejected. The order included a magazine special that was offered on their website for several days after I placed my order.

My credit card transaction record details funds in the amount of the order were "reserved" about the same time the order was placed by CDNN. So, I believe the card must have worked at that time.

In the email, I was advised my order was deleted and if the items were still wanted to give them a call and reorder but, at the current market cost.

Shortly after the first order was made, I placed a second order for additional magazines, at the going market rate. This second order was received without delay. Same credit card.

Just saying, a bit disappointing. I know the market is in a strange state for both buyers and sellers. Could it be just me?

Arp32
December 31, 2012, 12:08 AM
I ordered some extra magazines by phone just before Christmas (because the website was down...) and it took a half-dozen tries to get through, and even then I had to wait on hold for over 10 minutes.

CDNN has been great to deal with before (handgun, shotgun, and several accessory orders), so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and will forgive them if it takes a bit longer than normal. They charged me the regular prices (a-hem, CTD), and clearly they are busy.

Arp32
December 31, 2012, 03:07 PM
I just got an email from CDNN saying to expect a 5-8 day delay on orders. Didn't specify if it was calendar or business days.

george12
December 31, 2012, 04:38 PM
I suppose they are stepping as fast as can be expected. Don't mind delays..

My only concern was the way they cancelled my order with a "to bad, so sad now pay the higher price" note after two weeks. Very unlike the CDNN I have done business with in the past. I would give them a call but, doubt it would register on their concern list.

Anyway, as the Zen Master said; "We will see".

Happy New Year.

Certainly promises to be an interesting year for the Gun Folks.

Old Fuff
December 31, 2012, 07:50 PM
As pointed out in post #16 they are saying 5 to 8 days for previous orders now being processed. The ask that customers who are waiting not phone or e-mail them, that they will update customers as orders are shipped. Magazines are in short supply, and price increases are expected. All hands are working overtime to get orders processed and out, but the present situation has imposed conditions that are beyond they're control.

Yes, there are delays - and it shouldn't be hard to understand why.

HILLBILLY-06
December 31, 2012, 08:05 PM
Thats not cool, a good friend of mine just got the same type of e-mail from them, only it wasn't his card was no good, they just told him flat out if he wanted to re-instate the order, he would have to pay the current price. He's really mad, and disapointed at the same time.
I think that should be illeagal, but i bet nothing happens to em because of it.

wally
December 31, 2012, 11:11 PM
They have more orders than they can fill, I'm still waiting on one from 12/10. Someone forgot to turn off the Email promotions mailing list :(

Kind of frustrating to get them when my order for mundane, non-panic parts sits in limbo :(

CZguy
December 31, 2012, 11:55 PM
Thats not cool, a good friend of mine just got the same type of e-mail from them, only it wasn't his card was no good, they just told him flat out if he wanted to re-instate the order, he would have to pay the current price. He's really mad, and disapointed at the same time.
I think that should be illeagal, but i bet nothing happens to em because of it.

Another way to look at the same problem, would be to vote with your money and not do business with them.

Personally I can easily understand what they are going through, and would be happy to just get my order filled.

Patience really is a virtue.

BigRugerLover
January 1, 2013, 12:16 AM
I placed an order with CDNN for an AR and some mags on 12/23, they charged my card today, and at the same time sent an email saying "orders already placed may take 5-8 days to process." They've been a good company in the past. I'm not worried.

45_auto
January 1, 2013, 08:21 AM
they just told him flat out if he wanted to re-instate the order, he would have to pay the current price. He's really mad, and disapointed at the same time.

Does he really think CDNN makes their own mags, or anything else they sell? Let him be mad, why should CDNN support his ignorance?

Let's say your local furniture supplier "XXX" keeps 100 chairs in stock that he has been paying $5 apiece for and selling for $10 each for the past 3 years. He needs to make $5 per chair to cover shipping, rent, insurance, retirement plans, taxes, etc.

Your friend has one chair, why should he buy any more?

Now some idiot kills someone with a chair and there is talk of banning chairs. "XXX" gets orders for 10,000 chairs. Your friend decides he wants more chairs, his order is somewhere in there, say order #9,000.

Once the first 100 chairs are sold at $10 each the computer shows the other 9,900 as being on backorder.

"XXX" immediately calls their supplier who tells them that all the other retailers in the country also want chairs. They are making them as fast as they can, but they are also over-run with orders and due to demand chairs will now be $50 each.

Now for the business 101 question: How much does "XXX" have to sell the backordered chairs for to cover their costs?

You've had an anti-gun president in office for 4 years. The vice-president was the sponsor of the original AWB. We had a completely Democratic congress for 2 years led by people like Feinstein.

And it didn't occur to you that it would be a good idea to stock up on high-cap mags if you thought you might need any in the forseeable future ????

Walkalong
January 1, 2013, 10:55 AM
Different company, but I had the same credit card problem the other day. I must have entered a number wrong. When they emailed me about the failed number I called, fixed the problem, and they got my order out. Fortunately it wasn't an item that was flying off the shelves and being back ordered. If it was, I may have had to pay the latest price. Sounds like a mistake and bad timing. Stuff happens.

Suppliers are taking orders and shipping products way past the normal amount that they have crew enough for. Mistakes will be made. It's a mad house at those places right now.

Rail Driver
January 1, 2013, 11:00 AM
Canceling an order that has already been accepted and charged to the card in order to change the price is wrong in any circumstances. Lying about it is even worse. CDNN already sold the guy his mags, they just hadn't shipped them yet - NOT cool. I won't be spending money with them.

rodinal220
January 1, 2013, 12:06 PM
They will if they had stock at the time of your order.This panic buying is worse than 1994. Hi-caps are disappearing and so is ammo,you are not the only one in the universe. Glad I stocked up in the 90s,7.62x39 was only $69.00 a thousand under Clinton,and I could buy all I wanted.

Big problem now,is the incredible amount of NEW gun owners who have finally realized the goobermint isn't going to protect them.Demand for product in HUGE.

george12
January 1, 2013, 12:18 PM
I could not have said it better. When they tagged my credit card reserving the funds to pay for the order, the deal was made. They simply did not deliver my merchandise. using a rather lame excuse to jack the price. That's what I believe.

Their customer relations department leaves a lot to be desired. It is a sellers market, at the moment, and it appears CDNN is going to squeeze it. I couldn't run my business that way.

jrdolall
January 1, 2013, 01:02 PM
There are lots of things at work right now in the firearms business be it manufacturing, distribution, retail sales, etc.
The key to how this pans out will be whether or not any new legislation is passed. If they talk about it for 6 months and it just dies then it will probably work out in our(gun owners) favor. Manufacturers will need to decide whether to ramp up production to meet a currently monstrous demand or just continue with curren production plans. Ramping up means buying new equipment, hiring new personnel, training new people and generally expensive upgrades in order to take advantage of what could be a short lived situation. Should we build 50,000 ARs based on today's market? Should we produce an additional 1,000,000 rounds of ammo to meet current demand? If they choose to ramp up and then nothing happens they will be sitting on a lot of inventory that they cannot move quickly. A nightmare for a manufacturer knowing the sales are there if they can get products produced quickly but the sales may go away very quickly. The pipeline will fill up and overflow causing prices to drop back to normal or below fairly quickly.
There is no doubt that people are buying guns at a very high rate and buying ammo in higher than needed quantities. If the legislation dies then how many people will have several years worth of ammo? If it passes then some of the panic buying will have been justified though I would imagine that most types of ammo woul dstill be readily available other than the imported cheap stuff which is what we mostly shoot in our ARs and AKs.

Arp32
January 4, 2013, 05:14 PM
My CDNN magazine order from 12/24 just arrived.

il.bill
January 4, 2013, 06:49 PM
They have more orders than they can fill, I'm still waiting on one from 12/10. Someone forgot to turn off the Email promotions mailing list :(
Kind of frustrating to get them when my order for mundane, non-panic parts sits in limbo :(
I also placed an order with CDNN for some replacement P1/P38 parts and plastic stocks shortly after you did yours, and nothing has been received yet, although the credit card has already been charged.

Patience, patience, I suppose ...

Jim NE
January 4, 2013, 07:49 PM
FYI, the mags you ordered from cdnn were still available at Numrich, at least a few days ago. Don't know the brand, as they didn't say.

deer
March 1, 2013, 07:59 PM
After seeing comments after comments about the same topic regarding regarding credit card back orders. I had to stand up and share my grievance. I had a message from a store that I placed a back order with. The store said please call them back. They said the only reason we would have you call us is that your credit card is over the limit or the bank is not allowing your credit card to be used for this purchase but I had to call back because there system was down. I called back and had customer service give me the same song and dance as everyone else but, after telling them I work for the bank and I am not over my limit and there is nothing wrong with my credit card, they changed there tune real fast. I quoted the back order price and customer service perked up and said they do not honor backorder prices because the market changes. When I inquired about perhaps the manufacture must have risen there prices, customer service did not agree. Customer service said the market price changes and there is a market demand. Customer service then sited the prices on gun b.com. My opinion is this company could care less about honor or customer relations. Market price is what will drive there sales and if you do not like it jump off a bridge. Customer service was very apathetic about the situation. My second opinion is to never backorder from this company, buy from a reputable company that will stand behind there backorder price unless they would like to cite the manufacture as a cause for the increase in price. I am undetermined to order from this company again.

wally
March 1, 2013, 09:25 PM
My experience has been they don't charge your credit card until they ship, look for an Email with a tracking number and see what happened. Otherwise, have your order confirmation number on hand and suck it up waiting for the phone call to get thru.

They have always been good for me, but unlike Brownell's or Midway, they could not stand up under the load of orders and lots of orders got lost or partially canceled and held for instructions that never came because the message about the hold never went out :(

It hit me, now I'm short some M&P 9C mags because I thought my order was in and by time I realized it wasn't Midway and Brownell's were out and not taking more back orders I went with CDNN because they showed "in stock" and were a bit cheaper than the Midway or Brownell's back orders :(

blkbrd666
March 1, 2013, 09:44 PM
deer, I think you got companies mixed up. This thread was started about CDNN, not Cheaper Than Dirt.

Black Butte
March 1, 2013, 11:54 PM
When back ordered for months, respectable companies don't charge your card until they ship. For example, West Fork Armory and Brownells.

Ken70
March 2, 2013, 11:52 AM
Current issue of Shotgun News, CDNN has an ad that claims 300,000 mags in stock. But you have to call them to find out the price. Of course the phone is always busy....

berettaprofessor
March 2, 2013, 12:06 PM
I called CDNN today to order from a special posted by email yesterday. Got Steve on the first ring. He stated product will be shipped on Monday, should arrive on Wednesday. I have should get email for a tracking number. What more could I want for customer service?

berettaprofessor
March 6, 2013, 10:17 PM
And it was delivered today, as promised.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is CDNN going to fulfill my order?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!