Gerrrrr

PDA

Vermont Guy
December 26, 2012, 06:31 PM
I just got my monthly call from the NRA. The phone person refered to "our victories in Heller and McDonald". I asked the poor worker bee what was ment by "our" and she said the NRA. I passed on donating.

The phone person was probably making a wild guess but does anyone here want to defend the NRA's use of "our" in this context?

If you enjoyed reading about "Gerrrrr" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Art Eatman
December 26, 2012, 07:15 PM
Seems to me that you're picking fly poop out of pepper. It's not worth worrying about.

"We" won. NRA, GOA, CCRKBA, 2AF, JFPO, all gunowners.

SKS folks. Perazzi folks. RG owners. SA and SAA owners. Everybody in the gun culture, whether skeet, target, Bambi or self-defense.

Hang together or be hanged separately.

Ohio Gun Guy
December 26, 2012, 08:34 PM
I see his point, The NRA worked against that case. I know it was out of fear of it going to the supreme court and losing, but work against it they did. I and other people here disliked and wrote about it at the time....

I however believe now, is the time for US to do what we wanted the NRA to do then, which is circle the wagons and all of US work TOGETHER.

The next 4 years we will need an organized Defense, because we are on Defense. Here's hoping that Justices dont retire on the Big O's watch.

To the "no-politics" crowd on THR.... Here's to a 2nd term, THANKS! :fire:

The libs love to make us feel like agreeing is seeing it their way or being quiet..... ITs so much nicer if we are all nice and quiet as they strip our rights.

berettaprofessor
December 27, 2012, 06:10 PM
Yeah, agreed, I see the point. It won't keep me from supporting the NRA, but it would be nice if they didn't fund raise by claiming credit for what the SAF did for us.

PavePusher
December 27, 2012, 10:06 PM
The NRA has been trying to steal credit for SAF work ever since the Heller decision was released.

Tom Gresham has given LaPierre a pass on it on his show several times.

It's quite infuriating. :fire::cuss::banghead:

Art Eatman
December 28, 2012, 10:46 AM
It's always nice to know that THR members, themselves, have never, ever, made an error in judgement. :D

I figure I don't see perfection in anybody or any group. Heck, not even when I shave!

My experience over the last forty-eight years of NRA membership is that there aren't all that many mistakes--particularly when compared to the good that is done for all of us.

Yo Mama
December 28, 2012, 11:19 AM
I'd take the NRA board any day over Congress!

Carl N. Brown
December 28, 2012, 11:22 AM
A lot of case law on gun control was made by attorneys appealing a conviction of a criminal, like the moonshiner Miller in US v Miller 1939 attempting to protect possession of an unregistered sawed-off shotun under the Second Amendment.

That approach got us no clear picture of the rights of the law abiding gun owner. NRA wanted a perfect plaintiff, with impeccable legal standing, to clearly define the right of the law abiding majority of the people. Emerson was not a squeaky clean example, nor hardly any defendants before Heller and MacDonald.

The NRA is most effective in lobbying the legislatures anyway; and leaving the court cases to the not-NRA gun rights groups has been effective. Not that the NRA has not filed "friend of the court" briefs amici curiae supporting 2A rights.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gerrrrr" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!