Need Help with Walther PPS Spring

PDA

jwrowland77
December 26, 2012, 07:49 PM
Looking for a little help either to lighten the spring on my Walther PPS 9mm or just buy a lighter spring. I didn't know if there was a spring out there that was compatible with the Walther or not, since there are not many upgrade items specifically for the Walther PPS.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Help with Walther PPS Spring" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
December 26, 2012, 09:02 PM
I read your other thread earlier today, and came up with nothing from all the usual suspects.

Apparently your gun uses a nested recoil dual spring system due to the compact size and short barrel.

And I think you are SOL trying to mod it for mouse-fart loads.

It is what it is.
And a target pistol capable of functioning with powder-puff loads isn't it.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but you bought the wrong gun to do what you want to do.

rc

jwrowland77
December 26, 2012, 10:06 PM
Well I load towards the hotter end on my loads using Unique when I shoot the steel challenge comps. Was mainly just wondering if there was anything I could do, to where I could lighten the load to help on recoil to get a quicker target acquisition. Oh well, guess I just need to reload more and shoot more. Darn the luck. :D

rcmodel
December 26, 2012, 11:33 PM
Some action shooters say a heavier bullet at lower velocity gives less recoil "snap" or muzzle flip off target and faster recovery time.

You might try that.

rc

jwrowland77
December 27, 2012, 12:22 AM
Now there's a thought. I love Titegroup, put that under a 124 instead of a 115 like I've been using.

Thanks rc, got my wheels turning now. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Help with Walther PPS Spring" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!