2" Nylon Duty Belt for CC ??!?

PDA

Glockedout17
December 27, 2012, 10:48 AM
Hey guys, I saw a duty belt on ebay the other day for $12.00 shipped. I know that's pretty cheap and you get what you pay for, but it's the same exact design as the name brand duty belt's out there. People usually go for the 1.5 or the 1.75, so I figured an extra .25 won't be that much of a difference. This belt has the velcro insert and plastic buckle just like the UTG, Blackhawk, and the Uncle Mike offerings. I ordered three days ago, so hopefully it reaches here by Saturday so I can do a follow up. My friend has had one for about 2 years now and he CC's almost 365 days of the year. I want to know do any of you use a 2" nylon duty belt for CC? If so, what are the pros and cons. Thanks guys and I wish everyone a prosperous New Year.

If you enjoyed reading about "2" Nylon Duty Belt for CC ??!?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ragnar Danneskjold
December 27, 2012, 10:56 AM
Duty belts are not very concealed. They're pretty thick, and I don't personally even know of any concealed carry belt holsters that will fit well on one anways. Duty belts are for exactly what they're called: duty, such as law enforcement or military. Thick rugged belts meant to hold a lot of stuff and go on top of your "hold up the pants" belt.

If you want a quality belt that has an internal stiffener for concealed carry, check out

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Accessories/Belts/Stitched-Leather-Casual-Belt-15.html

I have two, one of each color. They're fantastic belts, and I found them online from another site for much cheaper. I think they were $25 when I got them. Perfect for concealed carry, not expensive, very rugged, and they keep their shape even with a full-size pistol on all the time. I know there are some other brands of concealed carry belts out there, but some of those can be much more expensive. I've been 100 pleased with the 5.11 belts.

hso
December 27, 2012, 11:05 AM
Do all your pants have 2" belt loops?

Is the belt stiff enough for carry or is it just 2" of seatbelt webbing that wouldn't hold up a knife much less a firearm?

You have to know enough about the make/model and whether it will actually work for carry before you buy it for that purpose.

jcwit
December 27, 2012, 12:17 PM
Guess I'm lucky here where I'm at. Being as I live in Amish Country we have many Amisg Harness & Saddle Shops. I can get a plain "as in not tooled" 2" or 1 3/4" harness leather belt complete with brass buckle for $15/$18 bucks. The one I currently am using I've had for 15 years.

The Amish Saddle Shop I deal with makes custom show saddles and bridles, custom police gear etc., etc. Some on the real fancy saddles are in the 10's of thousands of dollars.

Glockedout17
December 27, 2012, 08:18 PM
I've heard alot of good things about the 5.11 belt and the Amish leather belt. I think I might give the Amish leather belt a try. Every review has been positive and it's well within my price range. I'll go order one now and just sell the duty belt when it arrives.

If you enjoyed reading about "2" Nylon Duty Belt for CC ??!?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!