Gun buyback makes me sick

PDA

Kahr33556
December 27, 2012, 10:02 AM
It makes me sick to see some of those nice and antique guns given up to our government for a gift card

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun buyback makes me sick" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hogshead
December 27, 2012, 10:04 AM
I like the idea the gun club had of collected junkers and selling them to them. There is a post on here about it somewhere. Ilove that the anits are paying a $100 for junk.

hogshead
December 27, 2012, 10:10 AM
A "Best Buy" in Chicagoland 2012: Selling (s)crap metal at a gun turn in Click on that should make you feel better.

jmorris
December 27, 2012, 10:26 AM
I hate to see it too. So I am starting the first pro gun buy back program!

I will buy any of your magizine fed "assault rifles" (like the ones some people are paying a few thousand bucks for) for $100 cash. I can substitute a gift card to Bed Bath and beyond if you like.

You need not have an FFL ship, you can mail it your self. PM me for my FFL's address.

Edit: I promise none of them will be harmed.

W.E.G.
December 27, 2012, 10:38 AM
Just wait for the MANDATORY buy-back to land in your lap.

Analogkid
December 27, 2012, 10:48 AM
Time to Turn the Tides then.

Here's what one group did last year to Fund their Youth Shooting training!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/10/pro-gun-group-uses-chicago-firearms-buyback-program-to-fund-nra-shooting-camp/

Grassman
December 27, 2012, 11:14 AM
I was watching the CBS nightly news last night about a buy back in that California, and in the 30 second clip I saw, Mausers, SKS, Mini 14's among others, all for a $100 gift card......It made me ill!

Cesiumsponge
December 27, 2012, 11:24 AM
The police chief of LA claimed ever since they started buy backs, crime went down 33%. Hurrah for arbitrary correlation = causation. You can also claim smog dropping or increase in the latino population resulted in a 33% crime drop because it correlates over the same time period (and ignore that crime has fallen across ALL of America for decades).

G.barnes
December 27, 2012, 11:31 AM
If people are stupid enough to turn in their guns because they are asked then that is their own fault. If the government mandates that we must turn them in for whatever reason then that is the destruction of our constitution and we should not give in to their demands. I worded this wrong the first time. If they try to infringe upon our rights with mandatory buy back and confiscation then they are no better than the terrorists who want to come here and rule and kill us As true Americans we should stand for the rights that the constitution gives us and not comprise until we end up like all the other countries that started out with a buy back program.

Grassman
December 27, 2012, 12:01 PM
But I expected this from California, its beyond me how any gun related business is still even there.

Sir_Macadoo
December 27, 2012, 12:17 PM
I'm sorry, I lost all my guns in a tragic boating accident yesterday.

BearGriz
December 27, 2012, 01:50 PM
(and ignore that crime has fallen across ALL of America for decades).

Yeah, I love how people love to play that correlation = causation game when it supports their agenda. I've heard many theories why crime has dropped across the board in the past few years. (One interesting theory centers around getting rid of lead in gasoline and paint, etc.)

In any case, I think there is a ton of evidence out there that guns in the right hands prevent a lot of crime. Why don't we ever see these metropolitan police chiefs talk about how much crime is prevented or stopped because guns deterred a criminal.

texasgun
December 27, 2012, 02:09 PM
gun buy backs are probably used a lot for getting rid off crime related guns and old junk. heck - even some thug selling stolen guns (like Glocks) might be better off bringing them to a buy back and get the cash with ZERO risks.

what buy backs don't achieve: remove any guns from the streets that are actually being used....

so... worthless and a waste of money...

Loosenock
December 27, 2012, 02:37 PM
I've always wondered about ....."cherry picking". You think those running the [buy back] would let a fine Kentucky longrifle, a Colts Paterson or Walker, a Holland & Holland double rifle or Winchester double shotgun be burned? Really....somewhere along the line of things there will be time of temptation to be tested. It would be so easy for rare Luger or 1911 to be spared from the smelters. Whats your thoughts?

Skribs
December 27, 2012, 03:04 PM
Looseneck, there was one story where an old lady wanted to get rid of her late husband's old rifle he brought back from the war...a properly registered STG-44. They told her "no, we're not buying this $14,000 assault rifle for $100."

Hapworth
December 27, 2012, 03:07 PM
These people are nothing more than terrorists. anyone who tries do destroy our constitution and what our country was built on is no better than the people in Iraq strapping bombs to themselves to kill troops and civilians. america needs to reform militias and oust these people from power. If EVERY gun owner stood and fought for their rights. That would be like ten million people, and I don't see our troops killing they're own families or letting anyone else kill their families just for the terrorists to take our rights away.
First: I strongly disagree with the extremity of your reaction and solution.

Second: You just proposed treason. You might want to consider the wisdom of posting it on an Internet forum.

fdashes
December 27, 2012, 03:15 PM
I am so sorry,,,hope that doesn't ever happen to me,,,like NEXT WEEK

davejr
December 27, 2012, 03:59 PM
I recently read, perhaps it was this forum, and have to agree. I don't like the term "buy back" that would imply that at some point these firearms belonged to the government
agency making the purchase. Just another play on words that the left seem to cling onto. I guess it is like "clip", "assault weapon", "common sense gun laws" and the like. When I hear those terms thrown about it has the same effect on me as finger nails on a chalk board.

Redlg155
December 27, 2012, 04:09 PM
I wonder if anyone ever thought that "Gun Buybacks" actually encourage the theft of legitimately owned weapons. Why take a chance selling a stolen weapon on the street for a small amount and risk the weapon being traced back to you when you can get a risk free $100 return.

Want to stop some of the "buyback" enthusiasm? Spread the rumor that they are conducting background checks of everyone turning in a firearm.

oldbear
December 27, 2012, 05:11 PM
Then take two aspirin, drink lots of fluid and call back in the morning;).

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun buyback makes me sick" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!