Gallup: 62% support magazine ban

PDA

wacki
December 27, 2012, 02:58 PM
not good:

www.gallup.com/poll/159569/americans-stricter-gun-laws-oppose-bans.aspx

If you enjoyed reading about "Gallup: 62% support magazine ban" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AlexanderA
December 27, 2012, 03:20 PM
Notice that the question included possession of magazines holding more than 10 rounds. There are millions of these out there, including standard-capacity 15-rounders for M1 carbines. There's no practical way to outlaw them, without engendering disrespect for the law in general. If Gallup had given a bit more information before asking the question, the result would probably have been quite a bit different. The 62% "yes" responders, therefore, should be considered a baseline of low-information voters on this issue. We have a lot of education that we need to do.

gc70
December 27, 2012, 04:39 PM
If the public is uninformed, the people asking the questions are not any better.

Please say whether you favor or oppose each of the following.

A law which would require background checks before people—including gun dealers—could buy guns at gun shows

Yep, background checks should be required for gun dealers before they buy guns at gun shows. Really?

tarakian
December 27, 2012, 04:55 PM
A poll can be made to say anything the person designing wants it to. The questions can be worded to elicit the desired response. The "random" sampling can be from a specific group, not the general population. There isn't anybody verifying these numbers.

nazshooter
December 27, 2012, 05:10 PM
A poll can be made to say anything the person designing wants it to. The questions can be worded to elicit the desired response. The "random" sampling can be from a specific group, not the general population. There isn't anybody verifying these numbers.

Maybe but Gallup is pretty well respected. Personally I'd just chalk it up to people being uninformed. Consider that according to Gallup, a majority are still against an AWB. How else can you square those two answers?

Redlg155
December 27, 2012, 05:26 PM
Also in Gallup..

NRA has a 54% favorable image in the US.

Americans want stricter guns laws, still oppose bans.

Editors Picks for articles: To stop shootings, Americans focus on police, mental health.

buckeye8
December 27, 2012, 05:38 PM
We'd better do our 'educating' pretty quickly, because this time we won't be getting our freedoms back in 10 years' time.

mg.mikael
December 27, 2012, 06:23 PM
Maybe but Gallup is pretty well respected

I don't respect any polling companies or organizations.....for the most part I feel their all frauds. Why? I've never known anyone who actually participates in these polls, and I've never been asked myself. Heck, for all I know they might be asking the same person the the exact same question a thousand times. So I don't put a grain of salt to what a poll says.

Jorg Nysgerrig
December 27, 2012, 06:35 PM
I've never known anyone who actually participates in these polls, and I've never been asked myself.
I'm a Gallup panelist. So, there you go.

mg.mikael
December 27, 2012, 06:39 PM

Whoa! Just met my first polling participant....so maybe it's not a complete fraud.:p

nazshooter
December 27, 2012, 07:22 PM
Just consider the pessimism of the OP source! Then go on to the next more positive poll! :D

The same page also claims that support for a handgun ban is at an all time low of 24%.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Al Thompson
December 27, 2012, 08:37 PM
For years I've felt that most polls are inaccurate. Still feel that way.

eldon519
December 27, 2012, 08:41 PM
I just saw this today though, apparently according to Gallup, 64% want teachers armed to protect children.

http://www.infowars.com/gallup-poll-64-percent-of-americans-want-school-officials-armed-to-protect-children/

Derek Zeanah
December 27, 2012, 08:47 PM
Clearly we found the problem. Jorg must hate 30-rounders.

Probably because he prefers the 60's... :D

W.E.G.
December 27, 2012, 09:06 PM
I hang-up on the poll-takers every time.

If they think I'm going to sit there on the telephone and play pick-a-number games for however long they want to keep me on the phone, and force me to answer questions that are worded in the manner that the poll-sponsor dictates, they are out of their ever-loving minds.

barnbwt
December 28, 2012, 12:15 AM

What exactly did you have to do to get on their list? (You know, so I can avoid doing that in the future :p)

I swore off donating to any political parties/organizations upon seeing my parents driven to terminating their landline service after donating to the Republican Party (Do Not Call List/Stop Call Requests did nothing). I'll help the NRA in any way that doesn't involve my contact info.

TCB

CraigC
December 28, 2012, 01:45 AM
Exactly!

If you enjoyed reading about "Gallup: 62% support magazine ban" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!