David Gregory Enters Meme Territory

PDA

Justin
December 27, 2012, 04:02 PM
David Gregory's on-air transgression of Washington DC gun laws has started to become an internet meme.

http://www.quickmeme.com/David-Gregorys-Privilege/?upcoming

Probably the best one:
http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif

If you enjoyed reading about "David Gregory Enters Meme Territory" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Skribs
December 27, 2012, 04:09 PM
This is a standard capacity magazine.

Or as I call it, high capacity assault clip.

EDIT: reordered the joke.

locnload
December 27, 2012, 11:26 PM
Call me sinical, but I suspect the DC Police are not so much invetigating whether he violated the law, but scrambling for a way to brush this off with a small fine and a day of community service at the homeless shelter. You know, instead of a 4:00 a.m. no knock raid complete with guns pointed at your family and your 7 pound poodle stomped to death, and a felony record like us peons would get for violating DC gun laws. Having him face the full consequences would only serve to show how truly evil all these legal land mines are that the gun control proponents want. And they couldn't have that. Hide and watch, the man will get a slap on the wrist at worst.:fire:

1911 guy
December 27, 2012, 11:34 PM
Agreed. Personally, I'd like to see him monkey stomped by law enforcement just to prove the point that the left, the media and anyone not a "gun toting redneck" is subject to the very same insane laws they seek to hang us with.

Grassman
December 27, 2012, 11:46 PM
I truly hope some action is levied against him, that would show that liberal scumbag media type the kind of scrutiny any law abiding gun owner is under. Thirty round mags aren't illegal in my state, yet, but if they were I'd have to obey the law.

Grassman
December 27, 2012, 11:50 PM
"Assault magazine" is still my favorite.:D

tomrkba
December 27, 2012, 11:57 PM
He needs to get jail time and a fine. Anything less means the law only applies to the peasants.

gbran
December 27, 2012, 11:58 PM
I think D.C. is in a no-win stuation here. If they don't prosecute him, they give themselves a huge black eye for unequal enforcement of the law which makes it a sham.

joeschmoe
December 28, 2012, 12:21 AM
We should point to him as a failure of the government to enforce current gun laws. "He violated gun laws on national tv but not prosecuted."

Grassman
December 28, 2012, 12:25 AM
Yeah either way, his actions proved the idiocy of US gun laws. I don't expect any action to be taken, which further proves the point.

Ms_Dragon
December 28, 2012, 12:39 AM
I'm also rather partial to using this picture every time I read some bleeding heart say "assault clip".:evil:

Be careful you don't poke your eye out with that one Petals.

Justin
December 28, 2012, 12:42 AM
We should point to him as a failure of the government to enforce current gun laws. "He violated gun laws on national tv but not prosecuted."

DINGDINGDING!

By holding up one of those magazines on national television while in a city with some of the strictest gun control in the nation, Gregory inadvertently demonstrated that a magazine ban is a futile effort.

Buck Kramer
December 28, 2012, 07:57 AM
That made my day! Proof we don't enforce laws we already have!

gp911
December 28, 2012, 11:52 AM
That cheered me up. I want to see what his eventual punishment is and who actually furnished the magazine to him.

CoRoMo
December 28, 2012, 11:54 AM
Probably the best one:
http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif
No worky. Doesn't appear through either FF or IE.

BigG
December 28, 2012, 11:58 AM
I truly hope some action is levied against him, that would show that liberal scumbag media type the kind of scrutiny any law abiding gun owner is under. Thirty round mags aren't illegal in my state, yet, but if they were I'd have to obey the law.
DC better be careful - if they do burn him bad, he may become a conservative. ;>

Sav .250
December 28, 2012, 01:15 PM
This guy looks just like Howdy Doody. Older guys know who I`m talking about.
Hard to stay on track watching him doing his show and thinking, Howdy hasn`t changed a bit over the years.

krupparms
December 28, 2012, 01:22 PM
The only thing missing was Clara bell the cow!

C.F. Plinker
December 28, 2012, 03:05 PM
Could/would DC do either a deferred prosecution or deferred sentencing such that after 6 months or so, if he keeps his nose clean, the charges get dropped?

GEM
December 28, 2012, 03:16 PM
If he goes to jail, there should be a massive progun demonstration.

FREE GREGORY!

That would be funny.

Ryanxia
December 28, 2012, 03:17 PM
Joeshmoe

Joe's got it right. Goes to show if someone is willing to break the law they will have one. It only limits law abiding citizens.

usmarine0352_2005
December 28, 2012, 03:19 PM

He's famous and rich, nothing will happen to him.

Stress_Test
December 28, 2012, 03:53 PM
I believe the old phrase for that is "blasted by your own petard"

The NRA should make him a poster boy for why gun control laws don't stop crime.

Steel Horse Rider
December 28, 2012, 03:59 PM
I believe it is "hung on your own petard" but good idea anyway!!!

ldsgeek
December 28, 2012, 04:59 PM
Actually "Hoist with your own petard", meaning blown up with your own mine or bomb. Shakespearean theater for the win. Sorry for getting off topic.

Fishslayer
December 28, 2012, 10:32 PM
Betcha when they go get the "evidence" they'll find that it was simply a 20 rd mag blocked to 10 rounds. See 'em all the time here in Kalifornistan.:cool:

barnbwt
December 28, 2012, 11:24 PM
I think a better "meme" would be a poor photoshop of 'ol Gregory "holding up" something else that is illegal :D

Very fertile ground, there, and no cheezy catchphrase needed, either. I only have Paint, someone with Adobe, go and whip up a JPEG of David holding a pipe or 32oz soda, or something for me :D

TCB

au01st
December 29, 2012, 01:02 AM
Best ya get from me after an 18hr day...

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w257/au01st/Coke_zpsfbe204c8.jpg

Mr.510
December 29, 2012, 01:43 AM
This is probably other places on the forum, but here's a link to the petition to "Press charges against David Gregory for possession of a 30-round, high capacity assault rifle magazine in Washington D.C" at Whitehouse.gov:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/press-charges-against-david-gregory-possession-30-round-high-capacity-assault-rifle-magazine/gMNRPpPl

There are presently 13,142 signatures. :)

sawdeanz
December 29, 2012, 02:08 AM
Thanks for this. Been entertaining myself with articles and comments on the incident. I think I have found exactly one self-proclaimed liberal advocate for his arrest on grounds of equal treatment, while hundreds of others use weak arguments to defend him. Between this incident and the gun-owner database incident, I feel like I'm the only one who listened in my "ethics in journalism" class. I do have to thank David Gregory and that paper that published the gun-owner map for giving me new ammunition in my next gun control argument.

Queen_of_Thunder
December 29, 2012, 09:30 AM
If it had been you or I we would have been carted off to jail. What we are seeing is the privileged are not hindered by the law only us peasants. I swear this country seems to be moving towards a
"company store" type of government system. Almost Feudal.

Deanimator
December 29, 2012, 10:28 AM
He's an arrogant jackass and deserves all of the public humiliation that anyone can heap upon him for it.

Grassman
December 29, 2012, 11:27 AM
I just sent NBC a little missive about my views on the subject. You guys do the same.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10285339/

Blackstone
December 29, 2012, 12:05 PM
And Obama's going to sit down and do an interview with him anyway.

Deanimator
December 29, 2012, 12:21 PM
And Obama's going to sit down and do an interview with him anyway.
Can you think of a BETTER way for him to show his contempt for law abiding gun owners?

Stress_Test
December 29, 2012, 02:07 PM
I think a better "meme" would be a poor photoshop of 'ol Gregory "holding up" something else that is illegal :D

TCB

That occurred to me as well, when there was the argument saying "Oh it's not illegal, I was just using it for demonstration purposes!"

Gregory holds up a bag of crack and says "Don't you think crack, such as this bag of it that I have here, should be outlawed?"

barnbwt
December 29, 2012, 09:30 PM
Best ya get from me after an 18hr day...
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w257/au01st/Coke_zpsfbe204c8.jpg
Better than mine (spoiler alert; bong and WMD related) which still had a stubborn white border around the "shop" that made it too shameful even for parody :o

"I hold here in my hand, a block of C4 and a remote detonator..."
:uhoh:

TCB

PS- Okay, I didn't see it before, but holy hell Gregory looks like Howdy Doody in the stock photo of that article :eek:

cvoharley
December 29, 2012, 10:42 PM
My mother always told me to follow the money. No one has asked where Gregory got the magazine to begin with. What other D.C. laws were broken?

Skribs
December 31, 2012, 01:43 AM
I signed the petition to charge him.

mrreynolds
December 31, 2012, 05:20 AM
Press charges against David Gregory: http://wh.gov/QWZx

XD 45acp
December 31, 2012, 12:36 PM
They ain't gonna do nothing to him,...shoot, even if they did, I can tell ya how it will go... He can't be charged because he got a stomach flu, fainted, hit his head and got a concussion, then a blood clot. Wait,... that sounds familiar for some reason....

If you enjoyed reading about "David Gregory Enters Meme Territory" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!