General Norman Schwarzkopf......RIP...Sir.

PDA

xXxplosive
December 27, 2012, 08:08 PM
General Norman Schwarzkopf died today at his home in Tampa Florida. He was 78. His father Schwarzkopf Sr. was the lead investigator for the Lindbergh kidnapping case. He was also a member of Mensa.

Saw this post on another site today......didn't make the news ?

RIP.....Stormin' Norman......we'll miss you...Sir.

If you enjoyed reading about "General Norman Schwarzkopf......RIP...Sir." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Derek Zeanah
December 27, 2012, 08:09 PM
Sorry to hear that. :(

ID-shooting
December 27, 2012, 08:09 PM
I was Regular Army under this man. He impressed me. Sad to read this.

Coop45
December 27, 2012, 08:20 PM
He showed Saddam what a whoop a$$ felt like.

chez323
December 27, 2012, 08:29 PM
rest in honored peace General!

The battle's over,
The victory's won.
A soldier makes his journey home.

He fought so hard,
He fought so long.
And now he sings a victor's song.

It was not easy.
It was not slight.
But it was such a worthy fight.

The battle scars,
They tell the tale,
That war sometimes can be like Hell.

But he fought the fight,
Endured the pain,
For he knew just he would gain.

Commendations,
Medals, cheers,
Those things fade across the years.

But his gain would be
Much more than that--
A place where only few have sat.

An honored seat,
A place of call,
To sit before his General,

And hear the words
That come from Him,
"You fought the fight, now enter in!"

fdashes
December 27, 2012, 08:29 PM
Very sad news. We have lost a true American.

USAF_Vet
December 27, 2012, 08:34 PM
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

Present Arms!

Return.

Rest in Peace, sir.

Al Thompson
December 27, 2012, 08:38 PM
I had the privilege and responsibility of commanding the same rifle company he did, though nearly 25 years later (C/1-6). Always felt a bond.

RIP Sir.

Ms_Dragon
December 27, 2012, 08:48 PM
RIP.
One of the great minds of your nation.

As much as it pains me to bring this up at this sad time I hope where ever they lay his earthly remains they have a guard to watch over the site.
I wouldn't put it past the enemies of your nation to try to desecrate his resting place.

somerandomguy
December 27, 2012, 08:58 PM
He was the closest man to come even remotely close to General Patton in courage. SYOTOS and RIP.

Atbat82
December 27, 2012, 09:02 PM
RIP, sir. A great American.

Sent from my iPhone

Redlg155
December 27, 2012, 09:40 PM
RIP Sir.

C Battery 1/41 FA. 24th ID. Desert Storm/ Shield

dbro822
December 27, 2012, 10:30 PM
All good things seem to come to an end, this is true of men also. RIP.

mike.h
December 27, 2012, 11:01 PM
God Speed Sir...

GA400
December 27, 2012, 11:16 PM
I had the honor to serve under General Schwarzkopf, in the joint command during Desert Shield then Desert Storm. I was on a US warship in the Red Sea, providing air guard for the aircraft carriers, who flew non-stop operations for months on end. Be glad he was on our side, he was one smart tough s.o.b. As a boy, his father was in the diplomatic service in several places including Iran, young Norman would go out on trips with his father sometimes - one time he had to eat a sheep's eyeball as part of a very special meal with some tribal elders. He said he wasn't worried about swallowing it, but he knew it would be a huge offense to throw it back up. He kept it down ;)

DammitBoy
December 27, 2012, 11:18 PM
Rip Sir. I always wished he had run for the office of President - but the best never do...

Okiegunner
December 27, 2012, 11:22 PM
A bigger than life, true, American Hero!

Never a hint of scandal or discord. A man who served with honer.

He will be missed.

Alaska444
December 27, 2012, 11:35 PM
He got the job done. Let me digress and give a bit of a different view of this man. I served in the Army medical corp. For some reason, Stormin Norman hated the Army medical corp, something about his experience with docs when he was in Viet Nam shaped that impression the rest of his time in the Army.

In probably 1988 or 1989 or there about, he gave the commencement address for the graduating medical officers from Madigan Army Medical Center at Ft. Lewis when he was a 3 star general. His address to the graduating doctors consisted of about an hour of a rampage against the Army Medical Corp and why they were essentially piece of trash or so I was told by one of those that graduated that day.

When I was doing my internship in 1990, I took care of General Joseph Palastra Jr who had retired as head of FORSCOM about six months before that. He was in charge of Stormin Norman at Ft Lewis and told me that he had given him that nickname of Stormin Norman. I asked him why he gave him that nickname and he stated that is just who Stormin Norman was. He showed the forces of Iraq why he was nicknamed that as well.

My son in laws father worked under General Palastra and stated he was even more feared than Stormin Norman and had seen many full bird Cols jump out of windows to avoid his wrath. Generals are a special bread. Here is a short write up on General Palastra and his legendary temper. Not sure if any of you worked with both Palastra and Stormin Norman when they were at Ft. Lewis.

http://books.google.com/books?id=k0maklR8-8MC&pg=PA358&lpg=PA358&dq=General+Joseph+Palastra+Jr.+Ft+Lewis&source=bl&ots=LlqGrV2d8O&sig=Oy4h0ZshY51D2TdLK5yUD9qdAfM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=JyLdUP6CO-f0iQKbyoCgCg&ved=0CDoQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=General%20Joseph%20Palastra%20Jr.%20Ft%20Lewis&f=false

303tom
December 27, 2012, 11:37 PM
See you later General, Hoorah...........

If you enjoyed reading about "General Norman Schwarzkopf......RIP...Sir." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!